Known bugs and workarounds

Started by J, October 05, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

Playing colonial map #364.

If a tile scheduled for terraforming is changed to void by CRPL, the Terp will try to terraform that tile forever. After first shot, however, the elevation will be marked 11 bars. Elevation meter says 0 though.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Clean0nion

Quote from: burguertime on April 04, 2014, 10:27:51 PM
Playing colonial map #364.

If a tile scheduled for terraforming is changed to void by CRPL, the Terp will try to terraform that tile forever. After first shot, however, the elevation will be marked 11 bars. Elevation meter says 0 though.
For this, can we request APIs for RemoveTerpMarker, and TerrainMarkedForTerp (bool) ?

knucracker

I'm gonna see if I can finally address this issue for the next build....
Minimally, I just need to remove the terraforming tags whenever terrain is set to void from CRPL.

Hi, I would like to report a bug on version 2.01. When I finish the Crosslaw level on the Frykt system in story mode, it does not say I have finished and does not record it as such. I tried clearing all the creepers and such.

Am I missing something or is this actually a bug?

Imposter

So crazy stuff can happen by pausing/unpausing and messing with the dialog box in the final mission n stuff :)

Stuff like having the box stay in the screen and never able to leave, allowing you to restart the conversations that happen after a choice (allowing you to make multiple missile launchers land on top of one another and tons of anticreeper). Having an essentially invincible ship (The shield will get destroyed but then the turrets will stop attacking the ship once it goes down). Its impossible to get the good guy ending once you choose the bad guy option though since you lose control of building stuff and managing your base. Save files in the link below, unless I'm mistaken about which files are the save files. I could probably recreate it on a video too if you want. I actually did this awhile ago and forgot about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/okvux1t1j484wjp/AABj83ykLgjSTL4kvOI4BH6Oa

Edit: It's also probably not too important since you kind of have to intentionally try and screw things up.
I think I may have also tried messing with the X in the dialog which does nothing...

harrymcb

I have played several custom maps that always run on 2X or 4X mode. i notice that setting it to 2X or 4X myself changes the speed but when i set the game to 1X it still runs too fast.

knucracker

The unity engine sometimes will lose it frame rate limit lock.  It seems to happen after a machine idles, hibernates, or other instance when the GPU changes states.  I see it happen sometimes if I leave a game up overnight and return in the morning.  When this happens, the unity engine stops attempting to run at 30fps and will instead run at crazy semi-limited speeds.  It will sit at 30fps, then ramp up to 100fps, and just stutter around.  It doesn't have anything to do with game performance it's just the engine has lost its limit of 30fps.

This has been true in the unity engine for at least the last 3 years, and I've hoped it would get addressed... but not yet.  The workaround it to just restart the game and then you are good for as long as you don't let your machine go to sleep (or something like that).  Also, many/most games don't frame lock and don't limit their frame rates... so the problem goes unnoticed in those cases.  For CW3, though, frame limiting is the best way to achieve the design goals of the game in the most efficient manner (its a precise, deterministic, strategy game not a first person shooter....), so I frame lock and frame limit.

harrymcb

ak

Apparent bug: A CN on a PZ and a collector on a PZ.  If the distance between them is greater than a PZ collector's range but not greater than a PZ CN's range, they will not connect.  Observed on colonial map 1414.

mokyikiu

Bug of power zone with command node on it. When the command node is moved to the power zone, it does not get the effect of connecting to existing buildings further away, but only connect further to new buildings.

stoey

I casually opened a map called super tower, and I was like holy couch potatos, What is that??   Its like something I would see if I looked behind my fridge.

J

Quote from: stoey on June 12, 2015, 08:07:36 AM
I casually opened a map called super tower, and I was like holy couch potatos, What is that??   Its like something I would see if I looked behind my fridge.
The invisible core bug is already listed, if you need help to finish it you should post in the topic on the outer sectors board: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17841.0

GoodMorning

I bought the game with the standalone version and steam version, which I have installed on different computers.

The steam version works properly.

After alt-tabbing out of the windows standalone version (V.2.08), fullscreen, the game cannot be returned to. Upon trying, it becomes a small box that says "Creeper Wo...", in the manner of a window that is to narrow to show the full title. There is no "close, maximize, or minimize" button set. No input to the other applications visible is allowed. Alt-tabbing back out again solves this. However, there is no close button, and right-clicking the taskbar and hitting "close" there doesn't close it. The machine is not mine, and so I have not been able to try Task Manager. The user restarts in order to close the game. (This is not done lightly). The game in this state also interferes with the machine's standard controls for brightness, which makes it unusable for non-CW3 uses (while CW3 remains frozen in the background.)

I had thought it an isolated incident, but have just learned that it is a chronic problem.

Notes:
Family member's SurfacePro running Windows 8.1. They use the desktop, I use the Steam version.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.