Known bugs and workarounds

Started by J, October 05, 2013, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

In the Prospector Zone, 100_49 has no worlds in it, and since there are no worlds, the would-be sun is a black dwarf.

I am about to upgrade to 1.10, so if the issue still persists, I assume KC has recently issued a culling for unecessarily hard levels in Prospector Zone and Tormented Space.

If that's the case, the blank sector should not be on Prospector Zone's intersector map but it is. BTW, I checked the file directory for 100_49 and compared it with others and nothing appears to be out of place.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

This is how it appears in my system.

Use Occam's Razor to figure out which of your assumptions is most likely to indicate the source of the difference. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

Too much info on the link for it to be resolved by me soon enough. Please get to the point.
C,C,C,C

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

4xC

I only see one assumption in the post I made about the matter.

The bottom line is, no matter how normal my file directory looks, this sector is empty on the game for me.
C,C,C,C

pawel345

In the editor, if you clone a totem(empty totem), it becomes fully charged.

slayer

I replayed Arc Eternal : Egos : Ruine and beat my previous time.

At the end of the game, I got to the submit score screen but none of the high scores for 3 days, 1 week, or all time were displayed.

When I submit my new score it confirms the score is submitted but the list of high scores (visible in the solar system view) is not updated.

I have restarted the game multiple times but no joy. Interestingly, the auto save still has the new score I just can't post to the score tables.

Slayer

J

Quote from: slayer on November 16, 2013, 05:20:37 PM
At the end of the game, I got to the submit score screen but none of the high scores for 3 days, 1 week, or all time were displayed.
Looks like an internet problem, but you said the game could load scores from within the star system? Strange. Are you using something like a proxy?

slayer

Hi J,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Doesn't seem to be an internet connectivity problem because after completing other levels I see the 3 day, 1 week, etc. data.

Only occurs on the previously named level.

I'll try replaying the level and see if it corrects itself. Will post again with those results.

Slayer

slayer

Replayed the level, got an even better score and everything worked fine when posting the score.

However, the earlier saved version still has the same issues. Weird bug but seems to have a fairly simple workaround.

Slayer

Clean0nion

The centre cell of a shield generated from a shield unit is not considered to be "field".

Using the following GetFieldCell command used in Egos:Choix:
:InField
   GetFieldCell(<-x <-y) ->creeperUD ->creeperRL ->acUD ->acRL
   if (<-creeperUD neq0 or (<-creeperRL neq0)) return (TRUE) endif
   return(FALSE)

The centre cell of a shield generated from a shield unit is not counted. On Egos:Choix and other maps using the TransientSlipEmitter script, the slip emitter places creeper inside the centre cell of shields. This is due to the fact that the shields are circular and the push effect on the creeper at the centre of the circle is 0.

To quote Ceraus:
Quote from: Ceraus on November 17, 2013, 04:23:09 AM
From time to time, the telemitter will hit one of your Shields, which will gleefully disperse the Creeper around itself, exploding a dozen Reactors,

knucracker

Quote from: slayer on November 17, 2013, 12:25:04 AM
Replayed the level, got an even better score and everything worked fine when posting the score.

However, the earlier saved version still has the same issues. Weird bug but seems to have a fairly simple workaround.

Slayer

Can you email me the previous save version's cw3 file (send to support@knucklecracker.com)?

slayer

Hi Virgil,

Just saw your request, email has been sent.

Slayer

slayer

Saw what I would describe as a database bug twice now.

I finish a previously played level but my previous best score (Shown when asked to submit new score) is incorrect. In one case it was WAY lower (roughly 1:30 versus an actual 20 minutes or so, not sure which world) than anything posted in the high scores, in another it was WAY longer (5 hours versus 18 minutes actual on Andere > Otrav). My scores on the respective lists did reflect my actual scores.

Not sure what file I could send to help.

Thought you'd like to know.

Slayer

MizInIA

i have encountered an anomaly with the Bertha on build 1.50. if i build a Bertha and stet it to auto target then pick a target before it is built it will not fire the first shot once it is loaded. to get it to fire the first shot i have to click on the Bertha and pick another target then it will fire at that target then proceed to auto target mode.