List Of Impossible Map

Started by Someone, October 06, 2013, 12:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

Quote from: florrat on November 07, 2013, 02:56:23 AM
Please upload your images here. I can't see them.

they work fine for me, what browser are you using, and what images/ad blockers are operation if any?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

florrat

Quote from: teknotiss on November 07, 2013, 10:39:17 AM
they work fine for me, what browser are you using, and what images/ad blockers are operation if any?
I doubt my browser/adblocker has anything to do with this. When I open the image in a new tab I get the message

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

So it's no surprise the images show up for you, as you're a beta member

teknotiss

odd, this board shouldn't have beta restrictions, at least i don't see why it would.
perhaps G needs to see if something needs changing in the forum settings?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

arandomhalo

I also can't see the images.  I assume it's a matter of website access as I can see other images here.

Can't wait to try out the Bardel sequels!  As fun as the challenge was, I occasionally thought to myself "if only I could build two more units I could push this stalemate ahead faster".

teknotiss

ok i don't think cave will mind if i repost them here so attached below are the 2 pics you are missing

Use Terps

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 22, 2013, 11:05:58 PM
There's something not obvious though that you may have missed - try sniping one of the runners on that top island.

This may change the way you play!

Yeah I didn't discover that until I had just about cleared the bottom area.  Sure would have guppied one up there sooner if I had known!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on November 07, 2013, 02:04:34 PM
ok i don't think cave will mind if i repost them here so attached below are the 2 pics you are missing

Thanks tek.

It was as I feared - the pix were in a Beta only part of the site and non betas didn't have clearance.

I should have just posted the pix direct!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

florrat

S200_79 : Greeninverok isn't impossible, either. I just completed it (with a terrible time, I lost multiple reactors along the way, but I saved too little and didn't want to play too much again.

teknotiss

Quote from: Cavemaniac on November 07, 2013, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on November 07, 2013, 02:04:34 PM

Thanks tek.

It was as I feared - the pix were in a Beta only part of the site and non betas didn't have clearance.

I should have just posted the pix direct!

no worries dude, happy to help.  8)

Flash1225

Does it have to be in Tormented Space or Prospector Zone?
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Karsten75

It just has to be impossible. :)

iamltr27

Does anyone have advice for tackling S200_162 Shepiso?
It looks like several folks have managed to complete that mission (florrat is probably the first legit score at 32:17).

I have established a semi-stable base on the platform (3 PC, 4 generators, 1 open slot).  I have been using the open slot to create a ghost fleet of wandering units (shield, PC, mortars, etc), but it doesn't seem like I will ever have enough units to make a foothold in the 100+ unit creep that now covers the rest of the world.  And even if I do make a foothold somewhere, I don't see how to keep it alive long enough to accomplish anything.

Am I on the right path, or have I completely missed the point?

Thanks,
LTR

>>>  A few hours later ...
Never mind.  I figured it out.  I didn't know that the command module could still collect and distribute energy while airborn ...

Hats off to whoever solved that one first.  I never would have believed it was possible if someone hadn't already done it.

Dragonkat

Bardel 2 hours and 35 minutes later.

Starting at the top is doable, but it takes some serious avoiding of the digitalis in your collector placement and two cannons right off the bat to keep the web off your command node. After that its a matter of collectors even in suboptimal fast as possible, and lasting long enough for the AC spore launcher to provide backup. One beam tower can handle the spores till you push down to the tip just below them, and get a mortar across the gap to keep the pool from overflowing.

After that terp up the spore launcher terrain so you can plant a nullifer. I place a mortar and a sniper on the PZ's but lucked out when the AC launcher hit the center island, that wiped out the runner swarms for me and helped to bridge the gap after the creeper was cleared.

After that and once you can start upgrading/optimal collector place the rest is just methodical clearing my way south. The two strafers were there to cut off the digitalis outside the anti air zone. Helped to push to the emitters, and a creative use of terping to make my way down.

Hardest part was the 200 emitter at the bottom. It took probably 5-6 1000 aether gravity cannon shots and a mortar on the PZ to actually terp my way to it and finally get rid of the sucker. But once you do the others are cake to deal with.

draziel

Hi, i've just beaten Furham (S200_74), it required a lot of micro gestion though, like supplying on/off the mortar to speed up by a few seconds some generators. I was often a few second short in my actions.

Build order is collectors (as long a collector last ~40s, you should build it), generator #1, terp, wall height 7 on the bottom to save collectors (be sure to save 12 squares from bottom for the following) -you should have a only a few seconds margin to do it AND build the first generator before), generator #2 during the terp construction (be sure to stop the supplying of the terp before the end of the wall so the terp finish with 0 enerdy in stock and it speed up your gen# by a few seconds), mortar (begin it during gen #2, but play with the activate/desactivate to make your gen the priority), generator #3, mortar #2, wall heigth 8, and possibly 9 on your launchpad if the mortar is a few seconds short from completion

Then you need to build generators ASAP while using enough mortars to not be overflowed. Then ~40s before first spores comes, you build 2 beams (at which point you should have if i remember 3/4 mortars).Be sure to micromanage mortar supply to speed up generators construction.

You reach stability @6 mortars and 5 beam towers

You then need to pump your def to 4/5 mortars and at least 4 beams and have enough energy to keep it up.

Koitenshin

S200_69 Eridon. It has a single score posted but I have no idea how the person was able to accomplish it. You're overrun almost immediately.