AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1266: the creeper monster

Author: ea3401

Desc:
don't be afraid...

RealAndy

oodie

really fun and clever map :)
How did you get the emitter to produce both types of creepr?

viper00900

Great map!  And if I was going to do it I would just stack one type of node on the other. ;D
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

Ebon Heart

Fun map, presents a few balancing issues, (creeper is destroyed when you start attacking, which leaves AC to pile up) but interesting concept. May go back later and try to get a better time.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

viper00900

i actually just moved the liberty ship up and built some power and repulsers, then null'ed it :D

ea3401

Quote from: viper00900 on July 12, 2012, 11:22:42 PM
i actually just moved the liberty ship up and built some power and repulsers, then null'ed it :D
Yes, best start is to dig through the terrain above your LS and move straight to a top corner.
Maybe blaster are more effective here than repulsors.

viper00900

well i used two repulser over each node, one space above the creep.  That way you have room to null it.  I tried blasters the first time, and the creep kept surging up and taking the null out on me.

bla3

I went way above and beyond during this map and decide to try to use my limited energy production along with repulsors and shields to clear AC from the bottom of the screen and pack it in as densely as I could around the emitter pair. I did successfully wall off the bottom half of the map, but then I got bored and just built a nullifier. =P

Definitely really liked the alternating emission setup and enjoyed the map.