Custom Map #164: Battle Tested. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 14, 2016, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #164: Battle Tested

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 384x216

Desc:
The SSDI has just entered Sector 25a. The system is nearly barren, save for a single emitter which has been plugged by a foreign entity. This is a perfect sector to test the new Kinetic Armour Vessel Class.

Sorrontis

Just noticed that the ship pickup says "CUSTOM" rather than "Unknown" ... oops :D
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

alfanugan

I like the map so far but could use a hint.  I have managed to take the middle and middle-top but there is way too much resistance to make it further even with my energy maxed out and all ships built (except for the "unknown")!  The particles are very strong and I cannot keep them pushed back far enough...  Thanks!
/\lways (oca(ola

PMouser

ye, i cant get through the particulate it is just too thick please, help ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Hint 1:

Spoiler
Check the checkbox that says "view fields" or something similar. Look at the enemy emitter. One side is less defended than the other three.
[close]

Hint 2:

Spoiler
Ship positioning, only at the end. http://i.imgur.com/KlRxNCS.png
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

alfanugan

Got it!  Thanks!  Still many new tactics to learn in Particle Fleet!
/\lways (oca(ola

D0m0nik

Brilliant, up there with Jao Pastoris recent map as one of my faves to date. No need for any tricks for me, just good positioning of your fleet and timely use of your upgrades. Felt very epic.

I loved how early on I had to use the defensive upgrade and hide my ships behind the energy mines and defences whilst bigger ships built. This could be expanded on for a cool map, a line of defensive structures that have to be maintained with energy mines and omnis whilst a fleet builds.

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

did you take over only the 2 cannons on the right? the other two should be left alone. you need them to push away the particles. also, amp gems in the mother and lathes. and also, use all your remaining ships as cover as you need them. care not about defending your base.