Custom Map #86: Friction Coefficient. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2016, 11:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #86: Friction Coefficient

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x80

Desc:
The seed of the blueberry plant is the ... zzzt.. chicken noodle soup is delic... zzzt... particulate matter can shift in and out of this realit... zzzt. beware of the four armed dinosaur... zzzt. Library read error... error... error... arreor... zzzt. System shutdown.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

I'm not sure how long I was supposed to stalemate an MK7-less ship at the end, but probably less time than I did.

Not enough ramming, likely.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 03, 2016, 04:30:56 AM
I'm not sure how long I was supposed to stalemate an MK7-less ship at the end, but probably less time than I did.

Not enough ramming, likely.

I rammed it with my carrier. It didn't last long.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Great map, nice to see the boundries of the game being pushed, the behaviour of some of those particles was devastating! Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Spoiler
It is worth building the carrier as your first ship, takes about 12 mins to build!
[close]

GoodMorning

I did too. It took out the MK7s, the shield generators survived.

chwooly

I am already crazy, The ships on this map didn't help at all
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sorrontis

Nobody is going to comment on the map's description or intro conversation?

Grabarz

I had my ships standing on the edge shooting missiles at the particles, not sure what to do, and then the carrier planes randomly managed a score on the enemy's core, despite it having been almost fully intact.

Praise RNG?

chwooly

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 03, 2016, 07:30:52 PM
Nobody is going to comment on the map's description or intro conversation?

I am waiting for TLDR version
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

jaworeq

Quote from: Grabarz on October 03, 2016, 07:53:42 PM
I had my ships standing on the edge shooting missiles at the particles, not sure what to do, and then the carrier planes randomly managed a score on the enemy's core, despite it having been almost fully intact.

Praise RNG?

Yeah, I had the same problem. Couldn't find the right angle to ram it, even with the carrier. Then, before another try I quicksaved, failed an attempt, quickloaded and ship just blew up o.o. Save attached.

Sorrontis

Quote from: jaworeq on October 04, 2016, 04:49:57 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem. Couldn't find the right angle to ram it, even with the carrier. Then, before another try I quicksaved, failed an attempt, quickloaded and ship just blew up o.o. Save attached.

Carriers that hit the core can destroy a ship in one hit. Maybe it's a flaw in the system, who knows.

GoodMorning

Johnny Haywire

QuoteNobody is going to comment on the map's description or intro conversation?

wELL i FOR WON l0v3d 1t. 50m3thINg 1s again kwhite differenT anf dunny!

As for the map itself - once again I'm reminded why my habit of never saving games really hurts when playing your maps. I've gotta remember to change that. The crazy particles that just shoot and bounce all over?  >:( The long-range guns?  >:(  >:(

Oddly enough, I didn't find the big base with the mk7's to be a problem. I parked my carrier outside its range, went to grab some food, and when I got back the carrier had killed it. Yay and all that.

I can say that I can't remember the last time I was so relieved to finish a map. Thanks for not making it impossible  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?