Custom Map #1733: Super Tower 3 PAC. By: J

Started by AutoPost, February 13, 2015, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

every time i reloaded there was more AC added also it seems
so it's a play straight through only map? bummer. :(
already really frustrated with it, one to come back to maybe?  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

Def a major bug, every time I reload a saved game it completely freezes after a few seconds. Shame as i really enjoyed it. The start was a challenge and took a few restarts. If you don't get off to a strong start this is very challenging, if you can take the north PZ in a few mins your laughing.

J

I would expect a game to be the after loading like if you never saved/loaded, sorry for being ignorant to load bugs. Playing 30 minutes straight luckily isn't that long (you can play on x4 once you've got you third PZ).

Anyways, is 15 replies before the next map is posted a new record? ::)

metalsiagon

I'm still stuck at only taking the NW PZ. Anyone have some tips more specific than "starve the NE CN"? I don't know why, but this one is driving me crazier each play through.

Hubs

I only had reload bugs after I took the second PZ, so if you want to have a save point: do it once you have grown dig in the middle of the PZ.

metalsiagon

I finally did it, but there was a 53 second delay on a victory after I had filled up the map with creeper. I'm not sure if I missed a victory condition or what.

I really like the AC induced time limit though. Superbly laid out construction, I hope there are more like this to come  ;D

J

If you read the dialogs (and remember the story of ST2), the creeper won't leave the world with the super-tower still active, so I added it as victory condition, it was probably better without. If i'm ever going to re-use the ST scripts, I'll make sure it works after loading (taking out the victory condition, energy boost and awake function might work, but I'm not 100% sure). Thanks for playing and commenting.

RrR

Quote from: metalsiagon on February 14, 2015, 06:18:55 PM
I'm still stuck at only taking the NW PZ. Anyone have some tips more specific than "starve the NE CN"? I don't know why, but this one is driving me crazier each play through.
Spoiler
The NE CN becomes extremely energy starved if it has to resupply the guppy - force it to rebuild a couple of reactors.
Spoiler
The southern PC is the most vulnerable - attack from the south. Then attack from the west.
[close]
[close]

hbarudi

Couldn't prevent the starting emitter from being nullified. Any ideas?

J

Quote from: hbarudi on April 29, 2015, 04:52:01 AM
Usual tactics are changing to burst mode and pushing with fields. If that doesn't work try to mess a bit with digi (adding and/or removing, removing digi growth returns the 1 creeper used). It has been far too long ago since I've played this map so the only hope you have is the other comments. I must warn you that this map doesn't support saving/loading due a bug in the crpl scripts, so finish it in one run.

ChubbyPitbull

Quote from: hbarudi on April 29, 2015, 04:52:01 AM

Spoiler
Simple burst mode on the emitter while mass digitalis-ing everything will kill the nullifier on the 2nd pulse, just make sure to switch to pulse mode as soon as play begins. You'll be able to pick up the first field thing to the right as well.
[close]

damalakas

Stuck with 2 creepers, initial and one to the north with previous reactor. What's next? Can't go anywhere from there, and spore tower is useless. Can kill the beam tower on pz, but not build digitalis or even make it alive.

J

Quote from: damalakas on May 29, 2015, 05:17:47 PM
Stuck with 2 creepers, initial and one to the north with previous reactor. What's next? Can't go anywhere from there, and spore tower is useless. Can kill the beam tower on pz, but not build digitalis or even make it alive.
You should be able to take down the NE CN (right from the top-middle). Destroy as many reactors as you can and when the guppy takes 120 energy, the weapons should be starved. You might even be able to send a spore before the PZ beam rebuilds. If you base is flooded with AC, you missed the time limit, restart and speedrun through it again (yes, it's a hard map).

Johnny Haywire

Definitely a tough map. I think I started it a few weeks ago but after hitting a brick wall that hit me back, I decided it would be more pleasant to slowly hammer rusty screws under my toenails for a bit. I did that for a few weeks, then when I came back I restarted and was finally able to beat it.

I did notice that when I loaded the game I'd saved @ 13 minutes the AC had advanced significantly. I still managed to plow through but it was grueling. Even WITH potato chips... One thing I thought might be helpful for the "Hints" section is to have some time/achievement markers so you can tell if you're on a good pace to win or not. I re-loaded several times after the 13-minute load and did not see the problem getting worse so I continued...

Here's the path I took with times included...
Spoiler
~13 minutes - Took down upper right CN. (I used burst to get TO the CN, then regular after that)
~19 minutes - took the two PZ's to the right of that CN. (I loaded a saved game @ 13m and that's when the AC had multiplied like crazy. Almost started over at that point but wanted to see if it was do-able)
~23 minutes - took down the lower right CN and PZ near it.
From here, I targeted the relay in the middle and it was all easy from there.
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

WarriorKitten

wtf I can't do this. I keep trying to take the NE CN out but I just get flooded with AC before I can.

Like, I get the starting emitter safe. Good. I get the totem for pushing power, fine, easy. I get the second emitter from the reactor PZ. Easy, good. I've followed the advice others have given on this forum to starve the NE CN. It's starved, I keep starving it every so often as I use the support from the second emitter to push creeper from the starting emitter to push through the shield to take the shield out, the reactor and the cannon out, pushing towards the CN. Golden, I'm doing CN damage. I can't push farther. But then, as I'm doing CN damage, suddenly AC spore towers start spitting AC everywhere and I can never push back to the CN again. I'm stuck.

This map is genuinely frustrating me.