Is this a bug?

Started by hapes, October 10, 2013, 08:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapes

I'm starting the prospector zone, and I may have discovered a defect.

Star S100_74, (just southeast of the entry star), I have completed all the maps, the orbital view shows green (is that the right color) rings around all the planets.  But the star map shows 8/9 completed.  I zoomed in to make sure it's not 9/9.  Is there a color issue that I'm not seeing where a planet wasn't complete?  Do I need to grab all the Artifacts of Odin before it is considered complete?  How do I know which planet I didn't complete?

knucracker

Can you post a screenshot of the system view (the view with the planets, star, and ship)?  You can take a picture of your game window with alt-PrtScn (that will copy the current window to the clipboard) then you can paste it into paint or any other graphics program.

Also, when you look at the system view, do you see all 9 worlds and do they all have green halo's around them?

hapes

(Alt-PrtScr doesn't work in fullscreen mode, had to do it in windowed, which still showed the issue).

Attached are two files: starmap.png which shows the 8/9 and system.png which is the in-system view, with the 9 planets with halos around them.  I'm not sure they're green, since I'm red-green colorblind, so that very well may be the issue.

J

Juppoolla is orange. Maybe we should change the orange circle back to a triangle.

knucracker

Ahh...
Yeah, Juppolla is yellow not green. That means it isn't yet complete.  Fly there and resume the mission...

I'll consider adding some alternate indicator of completion status.  I didn't even think about the green yellow  halo  colorblind thing.

knucracker

Quote from: J on October 10, 2013, 11:48:52 AM
Juppoolla is orange. Maybe we should change the orange circle back to a triangle.

I was thinking the same thing... or even a square...

teknotiss

how about a target graphic? perhaps red?
like the berthas? that way it's a world that is still in "your" sights?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

hapes

Ah, then it's not a bug, it's just me!  Thanks!

hapes

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on October 10, 2013, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: J on October 10, 2013, 11:48:52 AM

I was thinking the same thing... or even a square...

I always liked the triangle - the jagged edges were jarring and stood out well making them easy to distinguish with my failing eyesight...

Actually, you had it perfect many builds ago with very different indicators for unattempted worlds, incomplete and complete.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

Triangles have my vote as well...

And at the risk of great confusion, I'd like un... no nevermind... :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

miquelfire

Quote from: virgilw on October 10, 2013, 11:50:59 AMI didn't even think about the green yellow  halo  colorblind thing.

I'm one of the people effected by this actually. I was wondering if you had just picked bad colors or not for the completed worlds.

4xC

This whole shape thing coupled with the colorblind issue about creeper versus AC from long ago is freaking hilarious simply because it is otherwise a small detail.

Anyways, a triangle would work for sure.
C,C,C,C