Custom Map #8530: Babaltmitter 4 - AC strikes bacc. By: Babadrake

Started by AutoPost, June 21, 2020, 05:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8530: Babaltmitter 4 - AC strikes bacc

Author: Babadrake
Size: 126x81

Desc:
another babaltmitter, with some new CRPL stuff! well one crpl thing i added... anythings learning to me tho so it counts FLOOD EVERYTHING WITH AC! whats new? spore towers now have a maximum level! any feedback is helpful, thanks a lot enjoy!

Babadrake

Schizo

HeyHeyHey

I'm So in LOVE with your maps. and they get good ratings  :)

Lemon

great map, the only potential issue was the lack of space kinda made it a bit of a slow start, and very hard if you didn't know how to (ab)use guppies

i do have a quality of life suggestion, is there any way to code in a button to let you see all AC spore paths? just so i don't spore things which are already converted.

otherwise great to see the spore cap, works well!  :)

edit: i didn't really notice the upgraded totem as i didn't have enough space to build the forge until i had already cleared everything pretty much, will have to try a second playthrough to check it out

Babadrake

Quote from: Lemon on June 21, 2020, 07:59:42 AM
great map, the only potential issue was the lack of space kinda made it a bit of a slow start, and very hard if you didn't know how to (ab)use guppies

i do have a quality of life suggestion, is there any way to code in a button to let you see all AC spore paths? just so i don't spore things which are already converted.

edit: i didn't really notice the upgraded totem as i didn't have enough space to build the forge until i had already cleared everything pretty much, will have to try a second playthrough to check it out

ahh i see, i doubt ill be able to do your suggestion as my knowledge so far is very small, but in the future maybe

yeah the difficulty is harder to do because i make the map and thus know what to do, but im sure ill get it right soon

also yeah i can see the space problem, but the CSM styled lines are already a thing i like doing, but ill increase the starting area size

thanks for all the feedback so far!

Schizo

Quote from: Lemon on June 21, 2020, 07:59:42 AM

I didn't find it too bad of a start at all.  I got in a few reactors, then right away an ore mine and a sprayer, then the other ore.  I found if you move the sprayers to the right spots, you take over the emitters pretty easily.  Then you move the sprayer again and take over another. I just kept moving my sprayer(s) so they would concentrate on one emitter at a time.  It worked out well.

D0m0nik

Love these maps.
Spoiler
The key to these maps is destory some of your first emitters, shit x, and put reactors on the PZs
[close]

Babadrake

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 22, 2020, 08:06:45 AM
Love these maps.
Spoiler
The key to these maps is destory some of your first emitters, shit x, and put reactors on the PZs
[close]

well not really, there are lots of working strats, like sprayers or just lots of upgrades and time,  there is no 'key' stratagy, and i dont intend to make one in a future map any time soon, options are my favorite thing, and i shine those options onto youu!!!

D0m0nik

Sorry - I was talking just from a speed running point of view. There certinly are many options but power is key for a fast time, more power directly means more AC which is unique.

HeyHeyHey

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 22, 2020, 08:06:45 AM
Love these maps.
Spoiler
[close]

That's genius, when i did that i could finally get a really good time.

Tunnen

Came out of lurking to say that I love these maps you are making.

As for some of the comments, on getting a fast time.

Spoiler
I managed to get a decent time without destroying emitters for PZ or by using guppies.  It's all about power management and using spores.  Remember that you can right click on emitters to connect/disconnect them from your power grid.  Emitters do slowly power up without supplying them with energy, so if they aren't needed immediately, you could use that power elsewhere.
[close]

rotloan

Great maps! I really enjoy playing them :D

Hope to see more AE maps in the future  :P

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I'm really loving these maps too!

And Dom... um... I think you left out a letter in your spoiler. I'm pretty sure you meant "shift-x" because the alternative would be really uncomfortable. If you're finding a bunch of X's in the toilet, you prolly need to eat more fiber.  ;)

Thanks so much for making these maps!  ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?