Custom Map #1748: The Last of the Loki (Rain of Fire)

Started by AutoPost, December 03, 2012, 07:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1748: The Last of the Loki (Rain of Fire)

Author: Angel

Desc:
This is the Loki's final stand. This is all of their remaining emitters and gateways. Destroy the final of the emitters and gateways, then destroy the Loki!

Ringo

DA HECK IS UP WITH THE COLORS MAN!!!

1 section creeper is white the next black and anti creeper 1 section white the next black and it hurts my eyes.

darkniko

Ringo

Quote from: darkniko on December 04, 2012, 01:39:55 AM
and where are the technites ?

Huh way down on the bottom between the 2 nexus. You have to turn off most of the micro rifts but the one right below your ship in the "box thing" (has the drones will flood you and kill you) then go up to the top one above your ship turn it on. Plus there is a massive thing of techs under some ore to the right mid map. Hold "R" to see it you will have to remove the ore to get it tho.

But if i remember right you have access to the tech labs right off the bat don't you.

But anyway how do you get the dark beam it says when you pick up a cube somewhere you can get it at the the start don't it but i can send a packet to dig it to be before it gets there the creeper in that area spawns and the packet is the destoryed. And it says something about 3 mins before the nexus turned on its maybe 30 secs it goes straight from 0% to 92% to boom.

darkniko

what do i do now ? :S

1 nexus is " easy " after i put 4 beams attacking at the same time so now i need 8 beams for 2 nexus ...

i realldy do not know :D

Ringo

Quote from: darkniko on December 05, 2012, 10:31:41 AM

1 nexus is " easy " after i put 4 beams attacking at the same time so now i need 8 beams for 2 nexus ...

You can kill a nexus with 1-2 beams just takes longer.

I had 2 beams on each to keep the drone pop down even so every know and then a drone did get though and kill a mirror of mind so i kept 5-6 mirrors near by. And slowly worked to kill 1 nexus and boom.

If you kill 1 nexus the blast from it will kill the other.

burguertime

On any map, killing a nexus anihilates all creeper, drones, emitters, gateway, phantoms and nexii.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

mggolden

I like this map... there are some cool concepts here, and it's a good challenge.  3 Suggestions that (in my opinion) would make this map work better:

1. Use standard/other colors for the creeper, the densities alone make the map a challenge, it shouldn't be difficult to know what "territory" you control
2. Allow the Refineries to be built upside down, to allow digging from both sides of the "Ore cube" on the right. (The inability to use more than 5 dark beams make the final assult a slog...  I would have preferred a single entry (the center point) and then allowing people to get crystals after they have secured the area above the nexii, along with a lower value for the amount of ore in that bottom row.
3. If people don't realize to click on each of the technologies below, it's an un-winnable map... It seems pointless to me that you have to click on the tech to add them to your arsenal, when it takes no skill to acquire.

Besides that, I felt like each "door" I opened required some thought before just bursting through... I simply have a hard time with maps that require an hour+ when most of the work is waiting to "luck out"

Karsten75

Quote from: mggolden on December 05, 2012, 03:07:36 PM
2. Allow the Refineries to be built upside down, to allow digging from both sides of the "Ore cube" on the right. (The inability to use more than 5 dark beams make the final assult a slog...  I would have preferred a single entry (the center point) and then allowing people to get crystals after they have secured the area above the nexii, along with a lower value for the amount of ore in that bottom row.

There is something weird with that bottom row of "ore" The game does not see it as ore, instead, it is diggable - same as any terrain. That's how you get rid of it. There are no options in the map editor that restricts the orientation of Ore Rigs.

As for this game itself, I found it perfectly horrible. Sorry to say it this blunt, but that's the truth - and it is all to do with the color of the Creeper and Anti-Creeper.  All the other tricks you had in this map shows you are a very good mapmaker that make top-level challenges. However, the creeper colors used as you did is just off-putting.

Sorry.

burguertime

Really, there are stuff in maps that are placed because the mapmaker thinks it will make the map funnier, or harder, or unique, when all they do is make the map a fine work of douchebaggery.

Like giving you 50.000 starting ore, then setting a map-wide AC pin field. And then yelling in forum that it was part of a plot that happened only in the mapmaker's head, because he did not care to write it into the map.

So, if you put something in the map that makes you want to let out a manical laughter, think twice before publishing it that way. =)

Maps are meant to be fun or challenging.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

SmileyCoder

At first it looked like a very good map, and I really wanted to give it a go. But the color thing just ticked me off. Having creeper and Anti-creeper the same color is plain lame in my book. And its a real shame cause by the looks of it, alot of time went into the map, but only a handfull of people will bother playing it to the end because of the color thing.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

lalala1995

Grauniad

Quote from: lalala1995 on December 08, 2012, 12:11:18 PM
In this map do you start with sublevel 8 ???

That is one viable strategy. Others may present themselves. (I'm repeating myself today.)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lalala1995

what is the most common way to start? i ive try vaccuming AC and put maker in the drone-box, raid the sub level 8

Is the goal is to get darkbeam before the wall on ground level start breaking ? request hint pls...

Grauniad

If I had to play the map, I'd take steps to secure the micro-rift on sub-level 8, before the terrain up top decays. Then I'd deal with the threat of decaying terrain at the top. After I've neutralized all the emitters up top, I'd return to sub-level 8, obtain theexperimental technologies and then set about liberating all the other chambers to obtain sufficient energy for a full-on assault on the Nexus.

Of course, that's just me.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon