A Creeper Base?

Started by thomaswarner, January 01, 2010, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaswarner

Maybe there could be a base of some sort for the creeper, and if that base gets covered by creeper, then the creeper becomes more powerful, like maybe a new emitter, that lasts only as long as the base is in the creeper. I think that would make another thing to keep the creeper away from.

Karsten75

Have you seen the Creeper Nexus?

Kamron3

Nexus actually doesn't emit anything.

(unless I didn't notice)

_k

thomaswarner

I guess not, since I have no idea what you mean

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on January 01, 2010, 01:27:19 PM
Nexus actually doesn't emit anything.

(unless I didn't notice)

Nope, you're correct. I just went back and checked.

So yea, not that I want it, but there isn't something worse than an emitter in the present game.  You could always position the emitters in deep pits (deeper than 4 so the mortar can't reach in with one shot).

thomaswarner

I think it would be fun, and it would make you have to start attacking the creeper early, like if it added an extra emitter every minute or so, because if you waited too long there would be a ton of emitters! (But it would wear off as soon as it was disconnected from the creeper)

Kamron3

Would be absolutely amazing if the Creeper could build weapons and have a base just like you. Not only would it be organic material, but it would also put a cool new twist on the game.

=)

_k

thomaswarner

Quote from: TheBuilder on January 01, 2010, 02:16:57 PM
then wouldn't it be like some of the multiplayer ideas people have mentioned?

I'm guessing that by "other people" you mean you. But it doesn't exactly need weapons, just SOME kind of bonus. Maybe it could alternate between adding an emitter and maybe doubling the output of the emitters already out.

Karsten75

Quote from: thomaswarner on January 01, 2010, 02:08:00 PM
I think it would be fun, and it would make you have to start attacking the creeper early, like if it added an extra emitter every minute or so, because if you waited too long there would be a ton of emitters! (But it would wear off as soon as it was disconnected from the creeper)

Wow. A spawning emitter. Take this one step forward. If an aerial spore lands, it creates an emitter?

Karsten75

Since we now have mods, can someone clean up this topic and keep it on-topic?

thomaswarner

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 01, 2010, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: thomaswarner on January 01, 2010, 02:08:00 PM

Wow. A spawning emitter. Take this one step forward. If an aerial spore lands, it creates an emitter?

Not unless the creeper is there for the time limit, such as a minute.