CW3 Powerzone bug with incomplete buildings

Started by Loren Pechtel, July 22, 2020, 03:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Scenario:  CN on a PZ in creeper.  I was building a terp, before it was finished my CN was thrown back to orbit.  When the timer was up I brought it back down in the same spot--and the under-construction terp didn't reconnect, I had to delete it and restart it.  While I haven't reproduced  it the map author had the same experience.  (It's the nature of the map that you start in creeper and remedying the situation requires a terp.)

cornucanis

There is a bug where if you land a command node on a powerzone the connection ranges will not all be updated until you save/load the game. If you place new units after the CN the connection should be properly calculated for the new units, which is why you were able to build the terp initially, but if the unit is already placed before the CN then you must save/load to update the connection range.

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: cornucanis on July 22, 2020, 04:32:02 PM
There is a bug where if you land a command node on a powerzone the connection ranges will not all be updated until you save/load the game. If you place new units after the CN the connection should be properly calculated for the new units, which is why you were able to build the terp initially, but if the unit is already placed before the CN then you must save/load to update the connection range.

This could have been that bug.  Maybe everything else was within non-PZ range.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 23, 2020, 02:30:01 AM
Or move the CN slightly.

Not an option--at that point there was exactly one possible spot for the CN.