Custom Map #902: 3.7 A True Faked Story

Started by AutoPost, February 26, 2012, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #902: 3.7 A True Faked Story

Author: Link327

Desc:
You rifted to the coordinates Cyrikyty gave you. And you ended inside a dark cave...

bladze

Am I retarded?  I let this thing run forever mining that damn ore...How did anyone finish it in 3 min and 9 sec?

Kilroyinc

Bladze,

Here is a spoiler

Spoiler
You have to destroy some of the anti creeper emiters.  I destroyed all but four.  I also built some shields accross the room to help speed up the process.  There is a field that sends creeper from the creeper emmiters to build an hour glass shaped creeper field that will distroy the weak land under the ore. After that is done you can get your cube or if you want, you can then use you launchers and blasters to destory the creeper emmitters. Then using  your remaining four AC emmiters and three makers, destroy the emmiters in the center room thus destroying all the creeper. :)
[close]

bladze

And I got it now.  Thanks!  But still...3:19?  insane...

Nate Dog

Shortened it again even a little more, it's simply a matter of using your given resources wisely :)

Link327

Actualy, I made a mistake when creating the map, allowing you - to skip actually all battles. You don't need weapons, only nullifiers and shields for this.
Just move the Ship up to the chamber with the AC and Creeper Emitters. Kill the AC, and like already mentioned, build some shields to speed it up. I added a comment - you need to know who your true enemy is. Look, this "AntiCreeper" is the ban of the Twelve against the demon, which is presented by Creeper. YOu want to ask the demon for help. So your enemy is.... the AntiCreeper no?
Following the Story, The Intorduction, the Comments I add sometimes can be helpful by the way.
Also you should notice a single row of Creeper appearing below the Ore-wall. IF you watched it, you'll see that at the point where it appears, there is 1 row of Creeper left in that room with the Emitters.

Well, if people can't solve puzzles when even having so much hints V_V
I need to build even more easy maps?
Link327

Katra

Interesting ... I never destroyed any AC emitters.  ;)  
Spoiler
At about 1:24 a small pool of creeper is moved by fields to directly beneath those three ore pods. I contained that with shields and repulsors and pushed it up against the ceiling/ore pods until one of them dissolved. Then destroyed the creeper (with blasters placed in range disarmed previously) and dug to the holocube.
[close]

First try I killed all other creeper and emitters first (took 15 minutes); now went back and did this without fighting any other creeper. (3:02)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Mozai

9999 ore?  That would take 2.7 hours even with fully upgraded ore miner objects!

I read the spoilers in this forum to find out how to do this map in less than 2.7 hours.  I am unhappy about the answer.

Spoiler
I came here to find out how other people did it.  I *thought* that the ore might be decayable with creeper, but every other tile of stone/dirt that I examine that can be decayed by creeper, the info box says "decaying" or "decaying rapid".  On this map, when I pass the mouse over the ore tiles, it does not say "decaying," so I assumed that I could not use creeper.

I am unhappy that I could not know to use creeper to decay those tiles without coming to this forum to read about it.
[close]

Karsten75

Quote from: Mozai on April 03, 2012, 08:09:44 PM
9999 ore?  That would take 2.7 hours even with fully upgraded ore miner objects!

I read the spoilers in this forum to find out how to do this map in less than 2.7 hours.  I am unhappy about the answer.

I am unhappy that I could not know to use creeper to decay those tiles without coming to this forum to read about it.

We feel your unhappiness and it makes us unhappy also. If you want we can send some to your house to dance for you until you feel better again. :)  You have been cruelly deceived. On behalf of management, staff, members and guests, I apologize to you.

My Grandma used to bake delicious cookies. She is with us no more, but I wish you could have tasted her cookies, then maybe your unhappiness would melt away like those cookies would melt in your mouth.

fitz

Quote from: bladze on February 26, 2012, 11:14:59 PM
And I got it now.  Thanks!  But still...3:19?  insane...

I agree. Truely unbelievable  ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: Mozai on April 03, 2012, 08:09:44 PM

Spoiler
I came here to find out how other people did it.  I *thought* that the ore might be decayable with creeper, but every other tile of stone/dirt that I examine that can be decayed by creeper, the info box says "decaying" or "decaying rapid".  On this map, when I pass the mouse over the ore tiles, it does not say "decaying," so I assumed that I could not use creeper.

[close]

sorry your not happy, some map tricks are hard to spot. that's why the forum is here (btw i also didn't know that decayable terrain isn'r shown under ore but still decay's untill i read these comments)
if you can't work something out ask here.
sometimes you'll even get useful replies ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus