List Of Impossible Map

Started by Someone, October 06, 2013, 12:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone

Feel free for anyone to post the map which is impossible
Put the map name and its co-ordinates
If there someone who able to finish it,pls post it (screenshot in spoiler tab is better) so we can remove it from the list

Start with
S200_101 : Jovencoting
S200_169 : Paraisoer
S200_79 : Greeninverok
S200_187 Abertoft
S200_189: Keomicanfur
S200 -74 Furham
S200-107 Razdon
S200_155: Landen
S200_13: Copdenulus
S200_162: Shepiso (with Inhibitor)
S200_162: Molzacdai

thepenguin

funny that it starts with joven, like from the second game...
We have become the creeper...

Someone

pbhead

I think S200-54 Kinloneport is impossible.

I think it might be possible if the map was oriented differently... but. calling it impossible.

thejoe66

s-200-0
aliencaster
Can someone who beat this help me i do well and all in till the spores come
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

teknotiss

well a general tip with spores is to have 2/3/4 beams near each other, if you don't have enough energy for that you'll need to be more efficient with your energy.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

red_elk

Quote from: thejoe66 on October 08, 2013, 06:06:08 PM
s-200-0
aliencaster
Can someone who beat this help me i do well and all in till the spores come
You mean aliancasterer?
Just finished it, that was pretty tough one for me. A few tips:
1. At first, build more collectors, even in suboptimal locations. Collector is still 10 times cheaper than reactor. You may also want to build a few outside a base.
2. Build defenses just barely enough to survive and invest all excessive energy to reactors. My build was shield-mortar-mortar-terp, until spores.
3. Micromanage energy flow, for example turn off terp during spore attack. By the time of first spores, you should have at least 6 energy production and 2-3 beams. Total 4-5 beams enough to defend base.

Pakars

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 12:38:25 PM
Feel free for anyone to post the map which is impossible
Put the map name and its co-ordinates
If there someone who able to finish it,pls post it (screenshot in spoiler tab is better) so we can remove it from the list

Start with
S200_101 : Jovencoting
S200-54 : Kinloneport

I actually completed Kinloneport earlier today. :)

I'll make an attempt at jovencoting later.

Edit: You cannot complete jovencoting at all -- The emitter values are too high for a map of that size, as the walls hit extremely high values within <30 seconds, causing you to get overrun by a tidal wave of creeper before you can get enough of an economy to survive(at approx 1:15 -- Too soon for even 2 reactors and 2 mortars, which is the most basic defense possible).

Neko187

I think jovencoting IS possible... but it requires absolute perfection
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

pbhead

Quote from: Pakars on October 10, 2013, 07:16:17 PM

I actually completed Kinloneport earlier today. :)

Congrats. at one hour and 19 minutes. 0_o.

One hell of a hard map i suppose though?

Cotters

Quote from: Neko187 on October 10, 2013, 08:02:47 PM
I think jovencoting IS possible... but it requires absolute perfection

Could you elaborate? I tried many times and failed. I would love to know more, as i have become very interested in this map.
EDIT: NVM just found the jovencoting thread  :)

pbhead

that. is. a very very hard. map.

JF-T

I can say for a clear and concise fact that I will not be able to beat jovencoting without atleast faster load times on my end xD
I did try it about 9 times though. I can say it helps to jsut try and get as many collectors as possible before the creeper gets to you.
Tried getting a shield out which would only work if i had 2 of them and a mortar, but... well i've only ever been able to get 2-3 collection. only 4 in a fluke attempt i wasn't paying much attention to. Then used just blasters and that failed. I once got two blasters and a mortar out though, but still failed.
I know you can get enough time and energy to atleast get a strafer out, but not before you get flooded.

Would probly help to post strategies that's gotten you the highest survived time, then combine or mix strategies i guess. I can't survive for anymore than like... max of a minute or half of one. But I'm not a godlike awesomeface skilled guy :D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

mboek

Gz to pbhead for beating Kinloneport. Have a hard time even with micro im not there yet...

catpaw

S200_187 Abertoft

I vote for impossible.