Custom Map #1311: CarefulOmnis (Omni Fest 5). By: NGist

Started by AutoPost, January 17, 2019, 03:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1311: CarefulOmnis (Omni Fest 5)

Author: NGist
Size: 280x280

Desc:
Little bit edited version of nice map by FOXX Just a couple of rules i sometimes try to play with on maps like this, moved to PRPL plus some map tweaks. Turtle style, not time challenge =) Mire 99% Don't touch structs. Dont lose Omnis. #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #NoEmitters - Only Particles #OmniSpawn by Sorrontis #CarefulOmnis by NGist

MisterX

Love Omni Maps so Much, not such a fan of this remix.  Placed an omni outside build area, deleted the un-built omni plan, Mission failed. Sucks the fun out for me.
But keep them coming, I love long Omni maps

Dave!

sciurusaurus

Not sure if this is possible, but permanently losing that omni would be way preferrable to instant game over. At least for a player like me who forgets to save once things go smoothly again, and just can't seem to stop making that one sloppy move :p

NGist

Sorry I just didnt thought about such a case (destroying not builded omni), so i didnt scripted for it :/
And maybe it was necessary to provide one or two more omnis at the beginning, so that the start would not be so slow.
Seeing low ratings, I thought about a different punishment instead of mission fail, maybe it would be less annoying not to fail a mission, but to lose all omnis instead, so you can just build them all again =))
Anyway, idea is - to complete the map without a single mistake, and this can be hard yes, actually i did about 15 saves when was playing to upload this, and I had a moment when I started to burn :D
So, not liking this is ok

MisterX

Excellent you are taking the feedback and adjusting. EXACTLY the point of the forums :)  Look forward to seeing V2

reddwarf12

So ... how do you make it out of the bottom right with three omnis?

NGist

Quote from: reddwarf12 on January 20, 2019, 04:46:09 PM
So ... how do you make it out of the bottom right with three omnis?
You need to destroy invisible mire spawner, its blast will open the way through ring of particles, then you can reach Amp gem and pick omni reactors tech

Dave!

Dont forget your HQ  it doesnt have to sit there doing nothing it can be used to get an early 2nd Amp Gem

toolforger

Quote from: Dave! on January 21, 2019, 11:34:37 PM
Dont forget your HQ  it doesnt have to sit there doing nothing it can be used to get an early 2nd Amp Gem

Aww dammit. I thought I couldn't use it because the lathes being switched off made me believe it was too far away from the struct to do anything without touching struct, and the "don't touch the struct" bit in the description made me believe the game would fail as soon as I started moving it.
(Update) Ah right, it explicitly states that the Omnis are not to touch the struct. It merely stays silent about the rules for the HQ. Now that's very easy to miss. (I got the gem and one Omni with the HQ, but I still have no idea how to get the other two omnis.)

This changes *everything*.
@NGist please don't do that kind of misdirection, it made the map almost unplayable, and certainly much less enjoyable.

toolforger

For some reason, saving and loading would leave me with only two omnis firing at doppels.
I am pretty sure it's going to be far too hard to play with that, so I'm giving up.

Johnny Haywire

Just a thought - another way to deal with the particles is to clear the first ring, then pick a different upgrade besides omni reactors. Guess what else omnis can do?  ;)

Best way to do a map like this is to move stuff and then go do something else for like 10 minutes. Come back and your omnis will have cleared a lot out and you can rinse & repeat.

I agree about losing an omni triggering a loss. I've thought before about having an omni map where you start with a set # of omnis and that's it. No more building or finding more. Not that I was thinking such a map would be fun, mind you. I was just thinking about it.  :P

Thanks for the map (I think).  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

impycat

I got two app gem and 5 omnis but still cannot make it out of the lower right corner. Is there some way to get the omnis that are close to the HQ? 5 is just not enough to overmire anything.

Chryosolo

Oh my. I didn't see the start location in the bottom right, so where is an accessible mine without a mire spawned?  It took me about 40 minutes of game time to drag the HQ through the struc along the top, clear the round corner island of the ticon cannon and surrounding struc, then start clearing a channel around the square island just underneath. Then painstakingly converted the ticon cannon here, too, and slogged the HQ up and down the edge slowly clearing the land of mire. I was able to lathe that mine about an hour in. It's actually amazing how much of the struc you can clear with just your HQ in repeat suicide mode, and warping in on top of struc clears a hole and can destroy most ships. Warping in and having a dopple crash into the stronger stern of the HQ takes out most of those.  About the time I got the other mine, I saw the active mine and just started to laugh.

Nice map, NGist, I am enjoying playing it because it's so different than normal play. That being said, I'm glad most maps aren't like this. :)