Alternative payment methods

Started by iycgtptyarvg, May 22, 2011, 03:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iycgtptyarvg

I would like to purchase both CW1 and CW2 for the great price of €10.88, but don't have a credit card (not very much used in my country) or a pay-pal account.

Are there other methods available? Maybe a bank transfer? Or send money?

knucracker

You can contact support@fastspring.com and see what all of the available methods are.

iycgtptyarvg

Unfortunately, I got the following answer (which makes me a sad panda):

QuoteUnfortunately we do not currently have support for anything beyond credit card or paypal to Netherlands.

Ken White
Chief Customer Service Officer
FastSpring
Email: ken@fastspring.com

#####@gmail.com wrote:
Dear Fastspring,

I would like to do a purchase on knucklecracker.com and they stated they were using Fastspring for
handling payment. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card or pay-pal.

In The Netherlands (where I'm from) bank transfers and the Ideal payment system are the norm.
Can I pay like that?

With kind regards,

#####
The Netherlands

Echo51

Don't you have like a pre-paid credit/debit card that contain say 25/50 EUR that you can buy in stores? Otherwise ask somebody to borrow their credit card ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Grauniad

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on May 22, 2011, 03:55:43 PM
I would like to purchase both CW1 and CW2 for the great price of €10.88, but don't have a credit card (not very much used in my country) or a pay-pal account.

Are there other methods available? Maybe a bank transfer? Or send money?

Just curious. If you say credit cards are not much used in the Netherlands, what other forms of payment are the norm for electronic purchases?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

iycgtptyarvg

We use bank cards (debit cards), bank transfers and for online the payment system called 'Ideal'.

Grauniad

Maybe a debit card works as well as a credit card?  You can certainly connect your bank account/debit card to Paypal.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Quote from: Grauniad on May 23, 2011, 09:45:50 AM
Maybe a debit card works as well as a credit card?

Nope.

Quote from: Grauniad on May 23, 2011, 09:45:50 AM
You can certainly connect your bank account/debit card to Paypal.

Yep! It takes to while to set up though and for the money to be transferred to your Paypal account (at least a week). You can only pay with Paypal once your account contains money (unless you attach a Credit Card to it).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

iycgtptyarvg

UpperKees, are you Dutch?

Could I perhaps transfer the money to you so that you can buy a license in my name?

If so, send me a PM.

Edit:
Ok, I found someone with a PayPal account and bought the CW1+2 bundle.
Thanks for the help.