Main Menu

LS Movement Bug

Started by hi, May 23, 2011, 05:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi

Hi,
Situation: I start moving LS to Spot "A" and pause in the middle of the flight. I tell it to move to "B".
Then I can still build on/move units to "B", but that's not true for "A".

That does not happen all the time. I believe it only works when LS can't be stopped from moving towards "A" before I change the destination.

Video (39sec):

UpperKEES

Hmmm, that 'can't be stopped from moving until the next cell has been reached' is starting to become a real pain.

This one can be exploited, because it obviously saves space.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

Interesting... I can only seem to get this to work with the LS, not with other units.

Ebon Heart

that's a big bug... I can't believe the betas didn't catch that.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mthw2vc

The likelyhood of a bug being caught or not depends not on the size of its effects, but on how arbitrary its causes are. LS movement has long been known to have associated bugs. Perhaps if you actually had a look at the list of bugs that were fixed before release due to issues discovered in beta, you would more appreciate what work we have all done to give you, the buyer, a better playing experience. You must realize, the testing power of a few hundred (at the very least) buyers is far greater than that of any team of perhaps a few dozen beta testers, no matter who they are. The fact that so few as yet unrecognized bugs have been found to date since the release should tell you something, especially when one compares it to the list of ~300 adjustments needed from the initial beta to the first release.

Ebon Heart

No need to get al defensive, it's just a sneaky bug. XD and of course I realize, more bugs are caught during the first week of a game's release than any other time (except perhaps during the first week of beta testing)

Kamron3

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 23, 2011, 10:53:15 PM
No need to get al defensive, it's just a sneaky bug. XD and of course I realize, more bugs are caught during the first week of a game's release than any other time (except perhaps during the first week of beta testing)

I think this and the targetting bug are the only "major" bugs to be found after the release.

Grauniad

Quote from: Kamron3 on May 23, 2011, 11:05:44 PM
I think this and the targetting bug are the only "major" bugs to be found after the release.

Refresh my memory on the "targetting[sic]* bug?"

*Just because I know you'd want to know, since you are kind enough to correct others' spelling.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kamron3

Quote from: Grauniad on May 23, 2011, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on May 23, 2011, 11:05:44 PM

Refresh my memory on the "targetting[sic]* bug?"

*Just because I know you'd want to know, since you are kind enough to correct others' spelling.

How I would feel if KEES corrected me:

Spoiler
Thanks bro for watchin' my back.
[close]

How I feel when you correct me.

Spoiler
[close]

Ebon Heart

Hahah! I feel that way when anyone corrects me... Unless I have no clue what on earth I'm doing, and need the help.

Blaze

Finally! I can give my LS WEAPONS!

Ebon Heart

I've done that a few times just for fun. Beware the missile shooting LS!