Creeper World 3: Abraxis

Started by knucracker, May 13, 2014, 06:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Do you play the game with it set to fill the browser?  If so, this is probably because the browser width or height isn't an even number.  If you resize I bet the line will go away.  The desktop game enforces an even width and height, but the browser games doesn't (I didn't really think about it till now).

knucracker

Quote from: Clean0nion on May 14, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Ooh, can we have an API for that?

I'll make a deal with you....  I'll give you ('you' meaning anyone reading this message:) ) the APIs if you add them to the wiki for me :)  Below are the new things I have added but have not put in the wiki

==========
--? [reference remove var by name].
:UserCancelAction callback [whenever a user initiates a cancel action.]
SetUnitSelectableOverride(bool) [allows a player unit to be made non-selectable].
HideOpeningConversation()
StringReplace(string, old, new)
PersistCore(bool) [can be used to prevent a core from being persisted in a save game]
ShowGameEventTag(color, icon, line1, line2, targetPixelX, targetPixelY)
     [Color: "RED", "GREEN", "BLUE", "PURPLE", "CYAN", "YELLOW", "GRAY", "BLACK"]
     [icon:  "NONE","INFO","CRPLCORE","COLLECTOR","RELAY","REACTOR","SHIELD","OREMINE","SIPHON","TERP","GUPPY","PULSECANNON","MORTAR","STRAFER",
             "BOMBER","NULLIFIER","SPRAYER","BEAM","SNIPER","FORGE","BERTHA","THOR","EMITTER","ANTIEMITTER","SPORETOWER","RUNNERNEST","AETOWER",
             "INHIBITOR","POWERZONE","OREDEPOSIT","TOTEM","MESSAGEARTIFACT","SHIELDKEY","RESOURCEPACK","TECHARTIFACT","AOO"]
========

SuperDan

Quote from: virgilw on May 14, 2014, 01:27:09 PM
Do you play the game with it set to fill the browser?  If so, this is probably because the browser width or height isn't an even number.  If you resize I bet the line will go away.  The desktop game enforces an even width and height, but the browser games doesn't (I didn't really think about it till now).
That makes perfect sense, seeing as I did play with it set to fill my browser, and it only happened when I zoomed in and "fine-tuned" with right-clicking.
Just out of interest, is there a reason it only happens with anti-Creeper? ???

Clean0nion

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 14, 2014, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on May 14, 2014, 12:54:06 PM
Ooh, can we have an API for that?

How about you create a few maps with the existing APIs before you ask for more? :)
Oi. I'm just a very slow worker.

Also, I love how flipmitters have been canonised.

PS Wiki'ing now.

Alright. All done.

Gameboytm101

QuoteI have no idea what ShowGameEventTag and StringReplace do.

I believe, judging by the name, "ShowGameEventTag" is what causes those Unit Destruction Tags to pop up (i.e. "Emitter Destroyed" "Mortar Lost" "Spore Tower Soon" etc)

Clean0nion

Quick question: should --? be --! or should I just leave it as it is?

Also, does SetUnitSelectableOverride take a UID, or just the bool? Because as far as I know there's no way to apply this script to a player unit without it

cooltv27

Fun game, whole time I wanted terps to play with, still couldnt build them on the last level, but thanks for giving me 2 to play with
found a bug though, currently on the last level and about to beat it. the top middle box thing with the emitter and the creeper teleporter I have a mortar on the PZ and a collector to the right in the corner, I want to fill the rest with strafers but I cant build it between them when I can build other things

after a bit more testing I cant build strafers bombers or guppies there
just a little bug I found by messing around

never mind found out it was just the air exclusion tower, could you make it so that when placing anything affected by the AET it shows the areas of effect of them
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

knucracker

Yep... just updated the web build to show the AE fields when you are trying to build an air unit.

mzimmer74

Nice introduction to CW3!  Some good challenges but nothing that would make a new player completely confused.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

exostum

Tested and finished all map. Great work. You are assured to have a 5 Star on kongregate when it get published on it.

Here comes the final screenshot

My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

knucracker

That might be fairly described as a full blown case of "Spore Intolerance" :)

exostum

Ho, indeed. I got paranoid with beam when I lost one of my terp against a spore that didn't get intercepted by my first barrage of beam so I declared war on spore lol  ;D ;D
My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

Grayzzur

Quote from: exostum on May 15, 2014, 02:41:54 PM
Ho, indeed. I got paranoid with beam when I lost one of my terp against a spore that didn't get intercepted by my first barrage of beam so I declared war on spore lol  ;D ;D
Tip for next time: PZ Beams are a Spore's nightmare.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Quote from: exostum on May 15, 2014, 01:01:39 PM

Here comes the final screenshot

I would have commented, but I couldn't identify the map under all those Beams... :P

Tjgalon

My nets off for a couple days, so I can't bug test it, but I will be there at kong to give it a 5. Kong was how I found creeper world, to start with.