Main Menu

Overtime?

Started by PeterPower, January 06, 2012, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterPower

Hmmm, Dagon #8 went into Overtime. What happened?  :'(
Does that mean no one has finished it yet?

Michionlion

yes, in order to advance and be published, a map needs to have more then 2 scores.  Currently it only has 1.  (from you)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fisherck

It's a long map. :)

And for me, I just haven't have time to play it...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kithros

I put a score up on it, so it should go up sometime soon I think - I'm not actually sure how it works if the score is only put up during overtime though.

PeterPower

I see...
Dagon #8 was originally the last map in the series and so I made it longer.
I wonder if I made this map too complicated... It didn't seem too long to me but that's because I know how to beat it.
I guess this is a lesson for me to tone down the conplexity in the future! :)

Cavemaniac

I see it's approved now.

Good!

Nice map - I spent the best part of an hour and a half nibbling away at the darned thing, but I couldn't complete it, got grumpy and gave up!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

It's a new wrinkle in map approval to ensure the map is fully playable and that it is not glitched (if such a word exists) by the map maker exploiting some defect that has been patched.  One score is required for map submission and regardless of how many approval votes a map gets, it needs at least one more score during the approval process. Maps like this can be manually approved if need be, but if none of the map approvers can complete the map, that manual approval may not happen either.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon