[CW3] KGB / Creeper Bomber Mapping Template

Started by Grabz, June 04, 2018, 04:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabz

Creeper Bomber Model 2-B

Instructions

• Download the attached .cw3 file, rename it to save.cw3 and place it here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\creeperworld3\WorldEditor\yourprojectname\save.cw3
  • In game, go to Projects from the Main Menu and edit your project.
  • Freely move around, modify and clone the pre-placed Creeper Bomber unit.
  • Do not destroy the invisible CRPL core in top left of the map.
  • In the editor, defeated bombers will disappear immediately without falling. Finalize the map and play the finalized map to see the bombers fall down.

If you wish to use the scripts without using my template, make sure to add all of the scripts from this map to your map, and:

• Attach CreeperBomberPad.crpl, CreeperBomberPadRangeIndicator.crpl and CreeperBomberPadAirIndicator.crpl to your CRPL core to assemble the bomber.
  • Create a CRPL core and attach CreeperBomberSingleton.crpl to it. This core will automatically position itself in top-left and become invisible when you save load. This core is needed so that the CTRL+R range indicator toggle works.
  • Download my template, press the i key inside editor to generate the extractedImages folder. Go to Documents/creeperworld3/WorldEditor/YOURPROJECTNAME/extractedImages. Add all these images in your map. By default they go like this:

• image0.png - Custom0
    • image1.png - Custom1
    • image2.png - Custom2
    • image4.png - Custom4
    • image5.png - Custom5
    • image298.png - Custom0_256pp
    • image299.png - Custom1_256pp
    • image300.png - Custom2_256pp
    If you need to use different slots, do so, but be sure to change the image slots on the bomber (they are all editable input variables when you click the bomber and go to CreeperBomberPad.crpl
  • Explain what the bomber does in the opening conversation. I've written the one I use below.

Lia: Careful, Skars. This world features the Creeper Bomber. These have been created to replicate our Bomber tech.
Lia: If you mouse over them on the sensors, you will see their range of operation in a dark circle. A red square means that the bomber has infinite range. You can also toggle this view with CTRL+R.
Lia: If one of our units ends up in range of a bomber, it will begin its attack. The bomber always targets the closest unit to it.
Lia: Warning - the bomber ships are very volatile, and will shatter easily when shot at by our Beams. This will likely send the remains of the ship crashing down on us. This falling trajectory can't be targetted by any of our weapons.
Lia: The falling ship remains will deposit the rest of their stored Creeper payload on impact, unless you intercept it with a Shield, similar to how you would block a Spore. A coating of Anti-Creeper might also do the trick - remember that Sprayers have an Always On mode.
Lia: Good luck!

Unit Properties
There's several properties you can change on the bomber.

• image... - These are references to image names. If you're using the template, don't change these.
  • targettingRange - The range, in cells, of the bomber. The bomber will only attack player units which are in range. You can view the range as the circle indicator when hovering over the bomber (however you might need to save-load to see the updated effect)
  • startingDelay - The time, in frames, to wait before this bomber is operational. Delay will display a little timer on the bomber to indicate how much time is left.
  • constructionTime - The time, in frames, that a bomber takes to be built. A new bomber has to be built when the previous is destroyed.
  • health - The amount of health this bomber has. This is effectively the amount of Beam fire the bomber can sustain.
  • flightSpeed - The speed of the bomber in flight, measured in cells per second.
  • bombPower - The payload of each bomb dropped by the bomber.
  • bombInterval - The time, in frames, between each bomb drop performed by the bomber. Each drop spends 1 ammo.
  • maxAmmo - The amount of bombs that the bomber is carrying. When the bomber runs out of ammo, it will go back to the pad to resupply.
  • ammoPerCharge - When the bomber is landed on the pad, this is the amount of ammo the bomber receives every resupply tick.
  • chargeInterval - When the bomber is landed on the pad, this is the amount of time in frames between resupply ticks.

If you have questions/issues/suggestions write here or ask me on Discord at Grabz#4707 if you need a faster response.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Grabz

Model 2-B (2018-06-06):

• Landed bombers which are charging ammo will now check for player units in range every frame after being on full ammo, rather than every charge tick.

Model 2-A (2018-06-06):

• Fixed falling bombers not spawning if the bomber was positioned out of map.
  • The bomber pad text will now show build time.
  • Slightly changed opening conversation to clarify that the closest unit will be targeted.

Model 1-C (2018-06-05):

• Fixed issue where bombers could fire bombs into void.
  • Falling ships no longer spawn in Editor mode to prevent a visual glitch.

Model 1-B (2018-06-05):

• When you hover over a flying bomber, the bomber pad which it belongs to will be highlighted in a green circle.
  • You can now hit CTRL+R to toggle all range indicators.

Model 1-A (2018-06-04):

• Initial release.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker