Custom Map #155: ETF7: Molten Creeper

Started by AutoPost, September 04, 2011, 08:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #155: ETF7: Molten Creeper

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 7: Molten Creeper With the Commander out, your ship has to deal with the Molten Creeper that flows underground. Deal with the surface creeper then dig to destroy the rest.

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

eighttailedfox

Quote from: lich98 on September 04, 2011, 08:34:30 PM
Looks awesome i can't wait to finish it.

Mwhahahahahahhaa

Mare

Oh thats evil, I had to block the right side with a DB so creeper wouldn't get through then fight and kill all the remaining creeper on the left. Evil, messed up, time consuming....I like it!!! Keep making good maps like this one, may I suggest using a sun or a black hole in the upcoming missions?
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Mare on September 04, 2011, 11:39:49 PM
Oh thats evil, I had to block the right side with a DB so creeper wouldn't get through then fight and kill all the remaining creeper on the left. Evil, messed up, time consuming....I like it!!! Keep making good maps like this one, may I suggest using a sun or a black hole in the upcoming missions?

Duly Noted. Thanks for the suggestion.

Katra

Dark beam? Who needs a dark beam?  ;D The top section was a long fight, after a rather delicate start. (Looked to me like one could start at either top right or left - I went left. Same tactics would be called for but left is slightly simpler on the phantom defense.)

Considered dark beams for the bottom; but power would have been tight. Especially since mirrors aren't available. (ie two would have been needed.) I just dug out a space for a micro rift, then a long line of blasters to cut the creeper out of the moving fields. And finally launchers in range of the emitters; which reduced the creeper in the faux nexus enough to throw blasters inside.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Katra on September 06, 2011, 11:31:01 PM
Dark beam? Who needs a dark beam?  ;D The top section was a long fight, after a rather delicate start. (Looked to me like one could start at either top right or left - I went left. Same tactics would be called for but left is slightly simpler on the phantom defense.)

Considered dark beams for the bottom; but power would have been tight. Especially since mirrors aren't available. (ie two would have been needed.) I just dug out a space for a micro rift, then a long line of blasters to cut the creeper out of the moving fields. And finally launchers in range of the emitters; which reduced the creeper in the faux nexus enough to throw blasters inside.

Yep. In my playtest I beat it without the Dark Beam. Took me over an hour, but i wasn't trying to set a high score or anything.

Thanks again Katra your feedback has been very helpful so far. ETF8 and 9 are in the upload list, so you can enjoy both of those within the next 25 hours.

mopa42

Fun map! I like how the terrain and limitations of techs force me to develop a new strategy for destroying creeper.
I look forward to playing the rest of the maps in this series.

Colin

You know whats funny, I got to the very end
and tried a few different things until I almost
gave up . . . THEN I remembered, I have dark
beams. So, yeah. (Reason why I didn't post
my score).
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Cavemaniac

Way fun map!

I got my best time using the dark beam on the right hand side, usually to slice up the big (yellow) packets that come up the pipe from the bottom.

However, I also turned it around horizontally to thin out the big pool above the 'organ pipes' - but note: I used it sparingly - turning it on and off to save energy. You also have to have lots of packet speed techs too, 'cos it can run out of power.

Despite use of the dark beam, the break through came from bursting a maker in the middle of the big pool - call it a poor-man's  conversion bomb!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.