Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #67: Save Us

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 120x500

Desc:
A small Mining Colony is under attack!

Darkmega

That MK7 projectile shooting turret in the middle is a BITCH, it's a wonder they got under attack in the first place. your ships, although they look cool, have such soft armor and glaring one shot point it kills practically everything. Good thing I had my own fleet on stand by. Only managed to take it out by combing over it with my Purifier. :V

jaworeq

Cool map. 6x lathe OP as hell.
Having defensive struc upgrade made a funny chain reaction at energy sources.
I was able to snipe one emitter right at the beginning.

GoodMorning

Agreed, though the Lathe Barge has is not able to take much punishment.

The HQ can warp into the stunner area, so that is 20sec of overhead that allows the Dischargers to be sacrificed repeatedly (Although there isn't much point, the mine-lathing can take out the Abraxian turret/Ticon defence.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Darkmega

Better a x4 lathe with a shield. Poor lathe barge was nice one of the other maps, but on this one It kept getting getting all 6 lathes taken off before I could make a dent in the health cause of the wall of turrets. Never thought of warping in on the stunner zone though. Thought the particle circle of doom down there was bright red so from playing the last mission and dealing with the "high speed murder cubes" particles that deep red would annihilate me on the spot... only to find out that I could literally plug the hole with my Vanguard shield ship later without it taking much if any damage. :V

GoodMorning

The "Defensive Struc" upgrade fixes the mines, once you can take and defend one for a few seconds, and have a bit of firepower to keep the particles down.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Darkmega on October 01, 2016, 05:15:53 AM
That MK7 projectile shooting turret in the middle is a BITCH, it's a wonder they got under attack in the first place. your ships, although they look cool, have such soft armor and glaring one shot point it kills practically everything. Good thing I had my own fleet on stand by. Only managed to take it out by combing over it with my Purifier. :V

Yep, it's meant to destroy loads of things. That's why you have a small fleet of tiny ships. SACRIFICE!

Quote from: jaworeq on October 01, 2016, 05:29:10 AM
Cool map. 6x lathe OP as hell.
Having defensive struc upgrade made a funny chain reaction at energy sources.
I was able to snipe one emitter right at the beginning.

Yes, LatheBarge is OP. It's done purposefully. But she's also very weak. I try to balance the whole set. She needs support.

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 01, 2016, 05:38:44 AM
Agreed, though the Lathe Barge has is not able to take much punishment.

The HQ can warp into the stunner area, so that is 20sec of overhead that allows the Dischargers to be sacrificed repeatedly (Although there isn't much point, the mine-lathing can take out the Abraxian turret/Ticon defence.

Oh shoot. I didn't think of that. Left that upgrade up. Oh well. I destroyed the Ticon d. with the lathe barge. Good catch.

Quote from: Darkmega on October 01, 2016, 06:01:01 AM
Better a x4 lathe with a shield. Poor lathe barge was nice one of the other maps, but on this one It kept getting getting all 6 lathes taken off before I could make a dent in the health cause of the wall of turrets. Never thought of warping in on the stunner zone though. Thought the particle circle of doom down there was bright red so from playing the last mission and dealing with the "high speed murder cubes" particles that deep red would annihilate me on the spot... only to find out that I could literally plug the hole with my Vanguard shield ship later without it taking much if any damage. :V

Yep, the red circle is a red herring. Not difficult at all. I'll make sure that changes in the future.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

WarFerret

I found this one to be too easy. So I played it again with a regular Lathe rather than the super lathe barge it has. That made it a bit rougher. I am going to try it again today with no lathe other than the one on my mother ship and limiting myself to ONE omni and see how that works. Thanks for the fun map though , it was pretty fun and the ship designs are all glass cannon (other than the mother) and I very much enjoyed checking out the ship designs.

-WarFerret

fractalman

as has been mentioned, the ships are really, really pretty. They're also really fragile-I'm not sure I could have done this without tossing in a couple of my own, tougher ships (especially my 2x heavy laser lathe).  A fragile 6x lathe needs support that can actually take a beating, like the hammer ship from the campaign, not seemingly OP'd but very fragile ships that both die easily and still take forever to build.

Sorrontis

Yep, this map has a lot of glass cannons. Do look at my page of ships, and comment how some of the more combat oriented vessels could be improved :) SSDI main page
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."