Custom Map #4323: Abandoned Space Station. By: CoolDudeAgent

Started by AutoPost, March 23, 2017, 07:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4323: Abandoned Space Station

Author: CoolDudeAgent
Size: 200x140

Desc:
Hey folks! This is my very first map that I was able to publish with. I hope that you folks would enjoy this as much as I did. Enjoy!

Gurke

Nice map but the "master" emitter is not protected well enough. Once you kill it you win. I only had to take over the island with the anticreeper emitter and then directly attacked the master emitter from the top. The master emitter is surrounded by to close other objects which can be turned into power zones which makes killing the master emitter much easier. Also you get 3 power zones almost for free on the 3 small islands on the top right. 

CoolDudeAgent

Quote from: Gurke on March 23, 2017, 09:49:22 AM
Nice map but the "master" emitter is not protected well enough. Once you kill it you win. I only had to take over the island with the anticreeper emitter and then directly attacked the master emitter from the top. The master emitter is surrounded by to close other objects which can be turned into power zones which makes killing the master emitter much easier. Also you get 3 power zones almost for free on the 3 small islands on the top right.
I suppose that would remain useful for anyone, and to counter the spore threat that'll be approaching, though.
There's nothing to see here, people. I'm just chilling and relaxing here.

CoolDudeAgent

Quote from: walr688 on March 24, 2017, 08:43:57 AM
Good game. Thank you.
Thanks. And wow. 135 Downloads, three days after my birthday. I'm so damn happy and joyed to see the first map I've made is a good success. :)

To those who downloaded it and tried, thank you! I've considered to make a second map as well. Probably a sequel to that map, I guess?
There's nothing to see here, people. I'm just chilling and relaxing here.

Johnny Haywire

Very solid map, especially for your first attempt! Gurke's point about the inhibitor is a good one, and just keep in that in mind for future maps. Any time you have lots of easy things to nullify, like the island on the south & the three in the northeast, if you can build as many berthas as you want on those it really becomes pointless.

Islands, spores, AC + ore, plenty of aether & totems for upgrades = map that most people will like.

Thanks for the map, and I look forward to many more! Happy Birthday!  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Terrific first map.
It looks as though you have only done two more (unless you changed names.
I'll give the other two a go and hope there are more on the list somewhere.
Thanks you,
H