Problem with level Corvus in story mode

Started by dissatisfied, February 08, 2010, 07:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissatisfied

I bought Creeper World today.  While playing this afternoon, I beat level Corvus and the game is saying that I lost, meaning that I have to start the level over again.  It said one of the pods was destroyed even though I collected and saved all of them.  I just spent hours on this level and now I have to start over.  You guys should look into this flaw in your game.  If possible, please tell me what I need to do to get past this level.  Thank you.

Karsten75

You must have made a mistake. Corvus is one of my favorite planets and I've played it like 9 times and never had that problem. You only ever get that message if you miss a pod.

Check out there is a walk-through here somewhere, I think I might have written it, even though by now I've substantially improved on my time in that walk-through.

Aurzel

indeed maybe people have had trouble with beating corvus but once you get down what you need to do it becomes much simpler

Cheesecake

I spent several hours on corvus, but finally figured out that economy and blasters right away is totally not the way to go, and that it's impossible to make military units AND rescue survivors at the same time.

TheBuilder

Try this walthrough:
http://cwstuffbytb.blogspot.com/search/label/Corvus

it might seem a bit odd as to the priority of things, but this is wat i came up with after playing it through the entire game and many custom maps, u'd be amazed at the difference between the 1st-time-through placement of 5 blasters, and the 5th-time-through placement of 2 motors.

Oh and by the way, if u do it fast enough, ull only ever need the 2 motors unless u want to cap the emitters, though im too lazy to update my pic walkthrough to show this
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

UpperKEES

With just 3 blasters you can have 50% of the map to yourself to place collectors. They will cost you a lot less energy than 2 mortars and the collectors will supply you with all the energy you'll need during the rest of the game, so you don't need to build in starvation mode at all.

Just write down when the Creeper reaches every pod and make sure you rescue it just in time. Every second earlier means you have spent energy that could have been used for more important things (like generating even more energy).

And 17 speed nodes? :o Just for fun I guess?

Edit: when a pod gets destroyed your mission ends immediately. This is never evaluated after finishing the map.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

upperkees you can win without ever descending onto the plains by just building a pair of mortars on the islands with the most in danger survivors and systematically bombing from island to island

UpperKEES

I know, I use 2 mortars as well (besides a few blasters to defend my economy), but I'm going for the high score this week. Just got Siccles from his first spot, although it will only be for a couple of minutes, as I don't have more time to play now and he doesn't have to go to school (damn snow! ;)).

I have to admit that Corvus is one of the most difficult maps for me; I'm still a full minute behind Alwego, so there's a lot to gain here for me. :)

Alwego

Try... try...

imo <5:30 is possible, but you have 90% of the operations performed during the pause.
Interestingly, significantly (more than a minute) I improved my time after watching the movie Dwarf with YT ;O
(yep! movie)

Karsten75

My best time is 7:15 on this. I'd love to see a walkthrough that is better. How about it Alwego?

Siccles

alwego has to beat my corvus score before he is allowed to make a walkthrough  :P

Alwego

1   Siccles   9192   7
2   Alwego   9187   18

AAAAGGGRRRR :P

Karsten75

Alwego

1   Alwego   9204   19
2   Siccles   9192   7

5:11

^_^

We have small replays from Gump ;)

UpperKEES

Quote from: Alwego on February 10, 2010, 08:11:47 AM
Interestingly, significantly (more than a minute) I improved my time after watching the movie Dwarf with YT ;O
(yep! movie)

Okay, you improved your score after that video, but was there a relationship between watching and your game play afterwards? ;)