Fisherck's maps/Manifest Destiny Series

Started by Fisherck, December 30, 2011, 10:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherck

This topic will be for the discussion of any and all of my maps. :)
All My Maps

First of all, my non-series maps:
Field Fight

Description
Fight using a new type of weapon. Made entirely with fields! But watch out, because the enemy can do the same...
dialogue
dialogue

{Lt. Varro Hale}
Sir! I have three emitters incoming and a gateway rifting in.

{Cmd. Dax Joven}
Good, this may not be boring after all. Are the new field powered weapons up and running?

{Lt. Varro Hale}
They are. All you need to do is load them with anti-creeper. The guns on the top have a transport system for the anti-creeper. The two on the sides need to be loaded manually. Use them to your advantage.

{Lt. Varro Hale}
Uh oh... That gateway just took over part of defense network. They have complete control of the bottom two guns, and partial control of the two turrets on the sides. The two turrets can fire both creeper and anti-creeper. Taking back those guns will be very important towards victory.

{Cmd. Dax Joven}
Unfortunately though, our current amount of ore rigs and makers are not nearly enough to power everything we have. We will need to build more.

{Lt. Varro Hale}
And it seems that they have made a "bridge" connecting the turrets to the emitters. It is crude but effective. This will make taking the turrets back harder...

{Cmd. Dax Joven}
There is a white gem on the right side of the map that we should go for. And, luckily, we can reach the left turret by going underground. We are going to need it.
[close]

Astroid Belt

Description
With drones to keep you busy in the beginning, the creeper in the astroid will soon break out to wreak havoc if you are not prepared. You will need all the anti-creeper you have got!

Tactical Error 1

Description
In the face disaster, it is your job to save the day from the Commander's tactical error.
dialogue
Dialogue
{Academy Student}
What happened here!?!

{Lt. Varro Hale}
The Commander had a nervous breakdown halfway through this assault! Your the only one left qualified to command the ship!

{Academy Student}
Maybe I shouldn't have skipped that day in school after all...
[close]

Tactical Error 2

Description
Another mistake made by another Commander, and again, it's your job to fix it...
dialogue
dialogue
{Admiral Abraxis}
The last Liberation Ship had a computer malfunction, and was preeemptively forced into rift space before completing it's mission. While the ship is being repaired, it is your job to finish scrubbing this planet.

{Admiral Abraxis}
But looking at their assault plan, I am starting to think they left for another reason entirely. You'll be hard pressed to hold the base. Someone will definitely be going through a retraining program...
[close]

Save The City

Description
Save the stragglers in the this huge city from the creeper!
dialogue
dialogue
{Mayor}
There you are! About time you showed up!

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I came as soon as I was-

{Mayor}
It does not matter. We have emitters that just landed in the city. We evacuated most of the population, but there were some stragglers. You need to save them, and all creeper needs to be removed before we can repopulate this world. Odin knows there are not enough of them...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Right. I have permission from command to use all land available to build on, is that right?

{Mayor}
Correct. The city will be a complete waste, so you might as well use it. There is also an emergency energy storage that contains gems. I can't imagine any other time than now to use them.

{Mayor}
And also, the entire city is on one big beacon network. We will keep it up while your here so you won't need to build any beacons.... Good luck.
[close]

Christmas Surprise

Description
Watch out for the surprises that each present holds!

Frosty The Snowman

Description
All of the snow is starting to melt! Frosty is about to get really skinny...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Fisherck

These maps are my Manifest Destiny series:
Manifest Destiny 1: The Test

Description
Did you ever wonder what happened to the other commanders during the ingame story? In this series you follow one of those commanders, who aids in saving the NHA as much as Dax Joven, if not more. And what better place to begin, than the test that started it all...
dialogue
dialogue

[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
======================================================================
{CentCom Terminal}
[PRESENT]
ERROR-THIS IN-O-MA-ION RE--IRES A SEC--ITY LEVEL OF 94-5-ERROR- INITIATING  FULL   SYstem    sh u t d o...

{Lt. Varro Hale}
There that should do it.

{Lt. James Balkes}
The security system is now down. Collecting the needed files...

{Cmd. Dax Joven}
Good. Upload them to the public network so everyone can see what the counsel has been hiding.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
And notify Abraxis and Aliana of our success. Even now, I can't believe the Styglek have control over us. But hopefully no more after this.

{Cmd. Ariana Keesha}
[Bursting in room]
You better wrap this up, we have been discovered!

{Lt. Varro Hale}
Okay. Initiating holovid series... Let's get out of here!

{CentCom Terminal}
Thank you for participating in this historic holovid series. Initiating...

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Holovid Series]
Abraxis is sending out a holovid. Putting it through...

{Admiral Abraxis}
[Holovid]
Welcome one and all to this momentous occasion. Testing day! Never before have so many worlds been liberated at the same time! Everyone here has worked very hard to get to this point. But here, some of you will rise above the others.

{Admiral Abraxis}
Each one of you has been assigned to liberate a planet, and each world is no more than 1% different from every other to ensure accurate results. The top 4 finishers will be assigned to the mission of your life, one that will never be forgotten in our history. Good luck, and may you finish fast!...[End Holovid]

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Smiling]
We should easily be able to snag one of the top four spots, if not the first.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Our only competition should be Commanders Dax and Ariana. Easily top three, especially if the mock tests are to be believed. Okay, 10 seconds until we start... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO!

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Panicking]
Wait!... I am getting some very abnormal readings from the creeper.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
How abnormal? Hurry up, we are losing time!

{Lt. James Balkes}
The creeper is going straight for the the ship from that opening in the cavern! I have never seen anything like this before. It's as if gravity has no effect on it. Sir, we have no experience in this kind of tactical fighting... I suggest immediate withdrawl.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Sighing]
I agree. This test is not worth losing this crew over. Activate the rift and send a message to Cent com that we had to abort our test.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Activating rift... No good! The computer can't lock onto the rift and I can't send a message either! There is to much interferince from the creeper.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
You mean we are stuck here with no chance of backup!?! Looks like we are finishing this after all...

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes. And you need to block that opening with shields! NOW!

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
[Shaking His Head]
I don't know how you did it. I thought for sure we were done for. Results coming through.... We placed. 5th.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
So close. We must try to request a retake. The counsel will have to let us after seeing what happened to us. Did all this get stored on the ship's computer?

{Lt. James Balkes}
It did. Every second... Interesting. Neither Dax nor Ariana made it in the top four either. In fact, they only just finished in 15th and 17th.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Contact them as soon as possible. I am starting to wonder if this test was rigged. This could get very interesting.
[close]

Manifest Destiny 2: Nowhere

Description
Denied the ability to retake the test, the Counsel sends you to the middle of nowhere, for seemingly no reason. But you soon find out their true intentions...
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{The Counsel}
And so we... regret to inform you that you will not be able to retake the test.
[End Transmission]

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Motioning]
(Cut the feed)

{Lt. James Balkes}
[FEED CUT]
They can't do this! We had every right to get a retake. What were the counsil's reasons? I entered just in time to hear the last part of the conversation...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Wearily]
I gave them all the reasons and information we had... which was precious little. All the information we had stored in the ship was erased... allegedly by a solar storm passing through the system we were in-

{Lt. James Balkes}
Solar storm?!? You know as well as I do that that is not what happened!

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I do. And they did not take it solely on my word, or Commander Dax's and Ariana's who both interestingly enough had the same problems with solar storms as us. Speaking of which, I got answers from both of them about their "problems". This is what they sent...

{Cmd. Dax Joven}
[Holocube]
...I would have easily won, if my last emitter had nullified right away. But for whatever reason it took a total of 4 nullifiers to take out the last emitter. I have never seen anything like it...[End Holocube]

{Cmd. Ariana Keesha}
[Holocube]
...We were doing good until the creeper showed some previously unknown behavior. Some of the creeper ate through a portion of the ground and fell through to a chamber underneath. I chased after it, but lost precious time... [End Holocube]

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Smiling]
But at least one good thing came out of that conversation. They were surprised to see me. In fact, you could see the frustration their faces when Dax and Ariana arrived to report their problems.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
But Admiral Abraxis personally warned me to be careful on the next planet. He saw the counsel's surprise too, and was not sure what they were playing at.

{Lt. James Balkes}
I see we lost our shield tech. Let me guess, courtesy of the cousel?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Very much. We got it lucky though, Dax and Ariana fared worse. Abraxis intervened just in time for us. Apparently, the best commanders in this fleet are considered t0o "amateur" to handle the more advanced weapons.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Well we just arrived at Gliese 581 g, otherwise known as the middle of nowhere. There is a very deep canyon with emitters on the sides, but they are enclosed in terrain, so we should be safe.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I still think we should be careful. The counsel might have sent us here for a reason. Anything else I should know?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Actually, yes. I am detecting a large deposit of technytes. These may come in handy. Also, there is another deposit I am less sure of. It seems to a remnant. Of what, I am not sure... But it seems to have very high concentrations of ore. You should check it out. [FEED ON]

[***Remnants at (17,36) ***]
============================================================
{Lt. James Balkes}
This is perfect. We will have enough ore to last us a while. You better get those makers up soon...

[***Crystal at (16,32) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
It seems I was wrong! The emitters above us are eroding the terrain! And we can't protect ourselves with shields. We're trapped...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Calm down! You said that the remnant below us has a large deposit of ore, right?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Correct. But I do not see...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
We will build makers then. That should provide enough cover for us to take out the emitters.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Well, you better hury then, we're running out of time!

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
There is little doubt now as to the counsel's intentions. We will have to warn Ariana, Dax, and Abraxis.

{Lt. James Balkes}
I can send a message to Ariana and Dax, but I have no way of sending a message to Abraxis without the Counsel seeing it too. We were just sent coordinates for our next mission. We won't have time to head back to Colony Prime

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Well, contact Ariana and Dax then. We can survive one more planet. Send the feed on this mission to the Counsel. Abraxis may just see that.

[close]

Manifest Destiny 3: The Plan

Description
The plan is finally revealed on what mission the winners of the test will recieve. And against the counsel's will, you find yourself in the midst of it.
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
We just arrived, and it is finally a mission of some importance. It gives us some clearance, enough to know what this "plan" finally is. I am bringing up the CentCom database...

{CentCom Datbase}
SECURITY LEVEL ACCEPTED.
UPLOADING MISSION INFORMATION...

{Admiral Abraxis}
[Mission Information]
This campaign, rightly named manifest destiny, is to take back Earth, and to a lesser extent, the surrounding solar system. The top 4 finishers in the placement test will be guaranteed this mission. If any cannot fulfill the requirements, then the next finisher in the test will be promoted.

{Admiral Abraxis}
The first point of assault will be the dwarf planet Eris, which was one of the first manned bases, and the farthest one in the solar system. After this, the commanders will rendezvous at Earth and finally remove all traces of the creeper from it. Upon completion, a ship full of the first colonists since Colony Prime will colonize Earth.

{Admiral Abraxis}
At the same time, the commanders will rift to the scrubbed and remodeled astroids which will then be located at...[Security Level End]
[Update]
As of now, Eris is being assulted. 3 attempts to scrub the planets have failed, and a 4th is currently underway.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Well, we finished 5th, and it sounds like they are having trouble with Eris. We may yet have our chance... (cut the feed)

{Lt. James Balkes}
[FEED CUT]
I don't think even the counsel can stop us from being assigned this mission if the next assult fails. And that is what I think the counsel wants to happen. At least, Abraxis would not let them stop us.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
And this asteroid is important, but for what I am not sure...

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Smiling]
Hmmph... Commander Scott Phoenix just sent us a message. I have to read this.

{Cmd. Scott Phoenix}
[Smirking]
I see you are finally where you belong. Scrubbing planets for me. I always knew I would beat you in the final test. And now I am finally going to prove myself once and for all by liberating Eris. Something you could never do...[Message Terminated]

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Shaking his head]
Charming fellow, isn't he. He never accepted I was better, and unfortunately this test gave him false proof by getting 1st. That was the first time he ever beat me... What of our current mission?

{Lt. James Balkes}
[FEED ON]
Right. We have orders to remove all creeper from that asteroid. It is the largest one, in the middle of the mission parameters area. Something important to note is that this cluster of asteroids is moving very fast, about 8 Gs. And those 8 Gs are pointed at us.

{Lt. James Balkes}
There is only one opening to this asteroid, and that is at the end of it. Next to the opening are two smaller asteroids, that are going to start pouring out creeper. And this seems to be because the gravity inside these asteroids weas reversed, so they push the creeper out instead of sucking it in. But the work seems rushed. It is only in those 2 asteroids.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Well, sounds like we have had worse. Time to get a move on...

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Commander, we just got our next mission! Apparently only minutes ago, Commander Scott Phoenix rifted back to the colony. The creeper was to much for him.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Finally! Time to prove our worth. We should have had this mission in the first place.

{Lt. James Balkes}
We better be ready for immediate confrontation when we rift in though, these emitters have been going for some time now. Apparently one of the ships from an earlier assault came back in 2 pieces. They lost 10 crew members. The first military fatalities since Odin City's flight amongst the stars.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Also, it is worth noting that we got our mission from Admiral Abraxis directly, instead of from the counsel. This is most unusual... Things might have become more strained since we were last at Colony Prime. This mission might be very important "politically" to win. He gave us direct orders to continue on to Earth with the others once finished.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Well, if any crew has a chance to come out victorious, it is this one. Activate the rift, it is time...

[close]

Manifest Destiny 4: The Choice

Description
You arrive at the old human base on Eris to find it swamped with creeper. Can you succeed where others failed? And who's orders will you follow, the Counsel's or Abraxis'?
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
We just arrived. I'll make this brief. We are in the hangar of the base. Under us are interconnected rooms. Now, most of this old base is very sound, but the doors are weak enough for the creeper to erode. And there is a lot of creeper to do that. But the doors will hold... for a while.

{Lt. James Balkes}
And also, there is creeper above us. Past attempts failed even to remove that.  And the mounted defence is just pitifull. We won't last long with that.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
But why hasn't anyone been able to get a foothold on this planet? Are there any gravitational anomalies? Like on the test?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Good idea. Checking... Whoa! Glad you asked, there are anomalies everywhere. Above us, there is a wave that seems to travel straight towards the shields. That is probably why past attempts have failed. And don't even get me started with the base below. The fields are stronger and more complex than anything we have seen. Good luck...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Okay, good. Anything else?

{Lt. James Balkes}
No, that's about it.
[Whispering]
...Thank the gods there were some shields on this planet. I managed to reintegrate them into our system. your going to need them...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Very well. Thank you lieutenant.

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
We did it! Now we will have to have the miss-

{Lt. James Balkes}
Sir, the counsel just sent a broadcast request. I'm... putting them on.

{Counsel}
[Broadcast]
Your are ordered to return to Colony Prime immediately where you will be punished for your insubordinate actions.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Surprised]
What actions? Are we not part of the mission now?

{Counsel}
You are a part of no such mission. You are to return immediately to be court marshaled and have your rank strip-

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Angrily]
Turn the broadcast off and cut the feed.

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Broadcast Off][FEED OFF]
Gladly... Admiral Abraxis told us to continue. Do you intend to do so?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I do. If we succeed in this mission our names will go down in history. The counsel will have a very hard time punishing us then. We have full security level clearance right now. Can you lock it so the counsel cannot demote us remotely. If we lose the clearance, we lose the coordinates, and mission information.

{Lt. James Balkes}
I can. But it will be completely illegal.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Do it. And set course for Earth. It's time to meet our destiny.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Okay... But we need to be very cautious. It's just... The emitters that were in the base did not get there themselves. There is no visible point of entry. The base is as solid as when it was first made. I know the counsel is trying to stop us, but they have no way do this. We don't have the technology...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
What are you suggesting then? That another force is at work here?

{Lt. James Balkes}
I am not sure. I am just not sure... I just locked our clearance level. Putting in coordinates to Earth. The others already left, they should be there by the time we arrive. Activating the rift!...

[close]

Manifest Destiny 5: Chaos

Description
With nowhere to run, and a new enemy to fight, how can you possibly survive?
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Ship shaking as it comes out of the Rift Space]
What in Odin's name was that!?! Damage report, Now!

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Quickly getting up off the floor]
Checking...  Decks 3 and 6 are depressurizing. Sealing off the damaged areas and stabilizing... Injury reports coming in. We have 3, no, make that 4 injuries. All minor. Doing a diagnostic test of the ship's computers... Hull capacity is down to 86%.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Frowning]
Great. More good news. Can you tell me why we left rift space so shaky? It seems we left to early to have arrived at Earth.

{Lt. James Balkes}
You're right about that. Wherever we are is not Earth. Let me see why we were forced out... I can't check it! It must be our rift scope. Hopefully it is not damaged too much. Diagnosing that...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[A couple Minutes pass]
Well?...

{Lt. James Balkes}
This can't be right. There is nothing wrong with our rift scope! Apparently we were forced out simply, because Rift Space ceased to exist.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
So we have no way too travel now... If that is the case, I need planet-side information immediately.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Right. We are on Pluto, or I should say near Pluto. When Rift Space "disappeared", we were apparently dropped off at the nearest object with considerable mass. We are in a small Asteroid field orbiting the surface. The asteroid field has a couple active emitters... and something else...

{Lt. James Balkes}
I don't believe this. I am detecting structures, not of NHA make, and they seem to be emitting the faint signal that comes from Rift Space. I can barely detect it. It seems to be a Gateway of sorts, and... Something is coming out of the one planet side! They look like... drones of some sort, and they are targetting the ship!

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Can you contact them in any way? I don't want to use force unless absolutely necessary, especially considering our predicament.  

{Lt. James Balkes}
Checking... Nope, nothing. We need to set up defenses now. The Gateway near us seems to be doing something too, though it does not seem threatening.

[***HoloCube at (18,39) ***]
{Unknown}
Further in. You-who-must-survive further in. The only way to leave-escape-run is further in...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Who, or what was that?

{Lt. James Balkes}
I am not sure. This holocube was only just made, and they did not leave a video with the message. Should we trust them?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
What choice do we have? This gateway, or whatever it is, is a lot more friendly than the one on Pluto's surface. We probably would not have survived against those drones without this Gateway's intervention with that anti-creeper. The only question is why this one is helping us... Is there anything of interest on Pluto?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Actually, yes. Another Holocube.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Then we will go for that. We will have to scrub this place anyways if we are going to be stuck here for a long time.

[***HoloCube at (18,8) ***]
{Platius}
Little ones, you must continue the mission that you were given. No matter what, you need to reach the final destination, before it is too late. The fate of your species depends on it...

{Lt. James Balkes}
[In Awe]
Could it be?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
So Platius has decided to return; but the question is why...
This voice is different from the last holocube, so there is more than one person trying to help us...
Was there anything else in the holocube?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes, but it is just a set of 13 numbers... WAIT! The first 12 are the exact frequencies we use to access rift space. The 13th is a slight variation on the frequency.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Do you think?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Maybe. Entering them into rift scope... it's back! But how? It's part of the physical universe. How can it be changed?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I am not sure, but it explains why these gateways are connected to Rift Space. They must be using the same frequency, or a similar one. Anyways, time to get out of here. Plug in the coordinates to Earth, before we get overrun. We still need to rendezvous with the others. hopefully they made it.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Okay, putting coordinates in and rifting out!

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
[close]

Manifest Destiny 6: Discovery

Description
You prematurely leave Rift Space... again, and find yourself in the face of a new challenge.
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Grinding as Ship Comes Out of Rift Space]
That still didn't sound good. Please tell me we made it to Earth?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Afraid not. Not even close. We are on Neptune's largest moon, Triton. It seems that the frequency that we are using to access Rift Space is very unstable, meaning that every object with a lot of mass will pull us out of Rift Space. At this rate, we will have to make a stop at every planet...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Isn't there a way you can recalibrate the rift engine to compensate for this?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes, but that could take days, weeks, or even months. Our best bet is to keep moving forward, especially considering what I just received...

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Did you get a signal from one of the other ships that rifted to Earth!?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes, but not the good kind. As you know, 4 other ships rifted to Earth, and since our engagement on Pluto I have intercepted 2 distress signals, and neither are coming from Earth. It seems that they were also forced out of Rift Space before they made it to Earth.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
We're going to have to try to reach them as fast as possible. I guess we will have to work our way forward one planet at a time. Anything I should know about on this planet?

{Lt. James Balkes}
A few things. You will have to get moving quickly because of 2 surface emitters. Also, there are some very concentrated remnants on the surface, and they seemed to have been placed here very recently, possibly by our mysterious friend? Get them. Makers will be invaluable in the chamber below.

{Lt. James Balkes}
And the chamber below is very interesting. It seems to be a huge testing ground for the manipulation of creeper. Fortunately, these fields can be reverse-engineered so they can be used with anti-creeper. There are also more drones in the deepest chamber, which will break through quickly.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Try contacting those gateways one more time. We need to find a way...

{Lt. James Balkes}
Trying... If they are receiving it, they are not responding. There is without a doubt these gateways are hostile.

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Commander, I was looking through the old subspace channels for... anything really, and I happened upon a signal with the NHA identification tag. This is what I found...

{Admiral Abraxis}
[SUBSPACE MESSAGE]
Attention all agents of the New human Alliance - this is Admiral Abraxis.

{Admiral Abraxis}
Do not attempt to return to Colony Prime. I repeat, do not attempt to return to Colony Prime.

{Admiral Abraxis}
Vast waves of Creeper from over 1,000 source worlds are approaching Colony Prime. We estimate that contact with the foremost waves will occur in less than 28 hours.

{Admiral Abraxis}
All agents of the New Human Alliance are ordered to find and assist any scattered survivors. But do not return to Colony Prime, even if you regain access to Rift Space

{Admiral Abraxis}
Though all may seem lost, do not lose hope and always remember your duty. May the Gods be with us all.
--Abraxis out.--
[SUBSPACE MESSAGE END]

{Lt. Varro Hale}
This message stopped transmitting partway through the assault.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
...There is no way we can make it to Colony Prime in time; we will have a hard enough time traveling across this Solar System to the distressed Liberation Ships, let alone making it across the Galaxy to Colony Prime. We should follow Abraxis' orders and assist any survivors.

{Lt. James Balkes}
I agree. Putting in the coordinates for Earth... again.

[close]

Manifest Destiny 7: First Contact

Description
Rifting to the planet, you finally meet those who wish to destroy you. But will you be undone?...
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Styglek Consortium}
We tire of your annoying interference, humans.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Surprised]
This is Commander Orion Bourne of the New Human Alliance. Are you the force that controls these Gateways that have attempted to harm us, and if so, why?

{Styglek Consortium}
We know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and even your mission. As for us, yes we do control the Gateways, and we do wish to harm you.

{Styglek Consortium}
We are the force that acted with the creeper during the timely removal of your empire. Your destruction of the Nexus was a surprise, but only a temporary obstacle; one that is almost gone.

{Styglek Consortium}
We will enjoy destroying you and your ship. Not even the one who saved you before can save you again, nor the other annoying race that resists extinction. YOU WILL BE UNDONE.
[End of Transmission]

{Lt. James Balkes}
It seems this was a trap. Below us are 2 chambers, both of which contain an emitter and Gateway, while above us is a large deposit of creeper that will quickly erode the soil that is holding it. As for the chamber on the right...

{Lt. James Balkes}
I don't believe what I am seeing. My readings indicate there is an emitter in the chamber, but not just any; it appears to emit anti-creeper!

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I see. We will have to make our stand there. Anything else I should know?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes, we rifted to Titania, which is Uranus' largest moon.  There is also a holocube on top of the anti-creeper chamber, which will hopefully give us a clue of some sort. And unfortunately, the Gateways in the chambers seem to be letting out dig packets that will fairly quickly open the chambers. So be careful.

[***HoloCube at (26,15) ***]
{Unknown}
Do not lose hope-yearning-enthusiasm. Those who need-demand-require your assistance, are close. We will help-aid-guide you on the way.

{Lt. James Balkes}
The voice is identical to the one on Pluto, and this holocube does not have a video either.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Whoever or whatever this is has saved us twice now. If they are to be believed, the other commanders and their crew are still safe. We must hurry though...

{Lt. James Balkes}
This cavern is set up to act like a volcano. This will provide some protection against the drones when they break through.

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Styglek Consortium}
NO! You will be undone! Even now, the others of your race are being undone! And you will too!
[End of Transmission]

{Lt. James Balkes}
We are very close to the one of the distress signals coming from another Liberation Ship. The signal took place around Jupiter. We might make it to them on the next jump.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Good. Rift us out.

[close]

Manifest Destiny 8: Too Late

Description
The survivors from one of the distressed ships have been located at a Styglek base. But while being shelled from a ship orbiting the base, you'll have a hard time getting to the survivors.
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
We just rifted to Rhea, one of Saturn's moons. I can confirm that the distress call came from this moon.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Excited]
Are there any survivors?

{Lt. James Balkes}
I am having a hard time getting a signal through the surface; this seems to be a Styglek base. But... I am getting multiple life signs. The signals are weak, but they're there.

{Lt. James Balkes}
It seems our presence has activated a defense network in the base. What's more, there is no way into the base. We don't have the technology to get through the walls.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
There must be a way into it! We can't just leave the survivors.

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Despairingly]
Well, your right about that... There seems to be a ship orbiting the moon. A massive ship, bigger than I have ever seen. It's scrambling the rift signal, so we can't lock on.

{Lt. James Balkes}
And better yet, the ship is activating it's weapons; it's about to shell the surface of the moon. I don't see any way out of this. We're doomed!

{High Ones}
The time for us to reveal-show-communicate ourselves to you has come. Not all hope is lost. We will help-aid-assist you in your endeavor.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
[Surprised]
Are you the ones who have been aiding us?

{High Ones}
We are. We are known-acknowledged-accepted as the High Ones of our race. We have fought the Nexus and Styglek and are one of the few-scarce-meager who have escaped our undoing. But we would not have survived without the one-being-person you call Platius.

{High Ones}
Time is not on our side though. We have done what we can, and given you what we have. You must rescue-save-assist your friends quickly! We will take down the walls. Once you have all the survivors we will unscramble-repair-remedy the rift signal so you may leave.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Right! Lt. Balkes, alert the ship's medical bay that it's services may be required. Let's get the survivors!

[***Capsule at (8,24) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
There is only one crew member in this one, and he is almost conscious. Hopefully if he comes to, we can find out what happened here.

[***Capsule at (8,30) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Two more unconscious crew members.

[***Capsule at (8,33) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
We were... too late for these survivors. It seems that the survival pod had been damaged.

[***Capsule at (23,24) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Four unconscious crew members in this survival pod.

[***Capsule at (23,36) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
There are two survivors in this one, both unconscious. Sending them down to the Medical Bay.

[***Capsule at (23,33) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Three unconscious survivors, one in serious condition.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Some of these rooms are empty. We need to find out if there were more crew members here, and if so, where they went.

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Sir! One of the survivors from the survival pods has regained consciousness and needs to speak with you immediately. Apparently they tried to detain him in the Medical Bay, but he came up anyway-

{Crew Member}
[Breathing Heavily]
Commander Bourne!... The other survivors from the crew were taken aboard the ship that is orbiting this moon, including our Commander. The aliens intended to take us to another facility to... extract what information we have about the NHA's fleet.

{Crew Member}
You need to rescue them before it's too late!
[Faints]

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Send him back to Medical Bay immediately... Judging from the fire power that I have already seen from this ship, we won't stand a chance in a head on assualt.

{High Ones}
Save them you must though. What the Styglek have in strength-might-force, they lack in speed-agility-cunning. you can rift now to the ship. We have undone the scrambler.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Alright. Rescue mission one is done... Time for rescue mission two.

[close]

Manifest Destiny 9: Rescue

Description
You rift to the massive Styglek ship and find the other prisoners on it. The only way to reach them is to make it through all the numerous Styglek defenses.
dialogue
dialogue
[*****OPENING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
We rifted to the Styglek ship. It's huge... We can't even show the entire ship on our mission parameters!

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
What of the survivors? Are they in the ship?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Yes, I can confirm their presence in the ship, but they won't be easy to reach. The entire hull of the ship is impenetrable except for a cargo bay at the back of the ship, next to the massive engine. 

{Lt. James Balkes}
We seemed to have caught the Styglek by surprise, but a defense network just turned on. It includes a creeper field that will eventually envelop the left side of the ship. We need to reach the cargo bay as quickly as possible.

{Lt. James Balkes}
But two drone emitting Gateways will make it very difficult to reach the cargo bay. I suggest we build 2 blasters immediately, and maybe a couple for the phantoms when they make contact with our buildings. We have some leftover energy from the last assault.

{Lt. James Balkes}
There is also a new weapon we have not yet seen. It's like a Phantom... Our conventional weapons can't stop it! Yet another defensive measure we need to avoid. By a stroke of luck though, it seems that the ship is carrying the very weapon that can stop these Phantoms in the cargo bay.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
The only reason the ship would need that technology would be if it expected an attack from one of it's own. Perhaps the Styglek are a lot like humans, and not everyone agrees with what these ones are doing... Will we be able to rift out once we have the survivors?

{Lt. James Balkes}
No. The rift scrambler is up and running again. It seems what the High Ones did was only temporary. The scrambler is located in the ship. The energy signal coming off it is massive; it must require a massive amount of energy to run.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
We need to contact the High Ones again. Is there any way you can reach them?

{Lt. James Balkes}
Checking the subspace channels... Nothing. They sure are an elusive bunch, aren't they?

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
We must take out the scrambler then. That's the only way we can rift out.

{Lt. James Balkes}
It's not feasibly possible. There is not any object on the ship that is the scrambler; it's part of the ship.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Then we take out the power source. Without the engines we would be able to rift out and the ship could not pursue us! That would kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

{Lt. James Balkes}
That would certainly work. We would only need to take out one engine though. The scrambler would not be able to function with the loss of an engine. Take out the crystal, and you kill the engine.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Let's get moving then!

{Lt. James Balkes}
[Shaking Head]
If it were anyone else leading this assault, I would not believe this stunt possible.

[***Tech at (20,15) ***]
{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Those phantoms sure are annoying. Can this tech be integrated into our system?

{Lt. James Balkes}
It integrated perfectly. These Phantom Coils can be used immediately.

[***Crystal at (16,13) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
That did it! The scrambler is down and out.

[***Capsule at (30,31) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Three more survivors. Also hooked up to a machine. Preliminary scans show that the purpose of these machines is for memory acquisition and removal. 

{Lt. James Balkes}
The means of acquiring the memories amount to no less than torture.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
These Styglek will pay for what they have done...

[***Capsule at (26,22) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
Two survivors sir, both unconscious. Both were hooked up a machine. We have yet to figure out the intentions of the machine...

[***Capsule at (24,38) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
One survivor, in critical condition. Whatever was done to her did massive damage to her brain. Full recovery is unlikely.

[***Capsule at (24,51) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
It's the Commander! She is unconscious. Apparently she was also hooked up to a machine, but a different one... This one was meant for mind control? The extent of damage in her mind is unknown.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
I want to know immediately if and when she regains conscioussness.

[***HoloCube at (30,50) ***]
{Lt. James Balkes}
This holocube is a treasure trove. It contains the ships logs; everywhere it has traveled and communications to and from other contacts. Only it's heavily encoded. It will take me a while to break all of it.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Keep me updated on anything you get from it.

[*****CLOSING TEXT*****]
{Lt. James Balkes}
All prisoners acquired, and the rift scrambler has been disabled.

{Cmd. Orion Bourne}
Good. We need to keep rifting farther in the solar system, toward Earth and the other distress signal. Let's get out of here before the Styglek find a way to stop us.

{Lt. James Balkes}
Rifting out!

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Fisherck

I have added a new map, Manifest Destiny 9: Rescue, which is a continuation of my Manifest Destiny series. I plan and hope to finish the series by the end of the summer. Otherwise, once again, I won't have time to finish it... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps