Main Menu

PRPL

Started by 4xC, January 25, 2016, 12:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

Particle Reverse Polish Language: will it happen? (Everything we know and love and possibly have yet to know about CRPL, now in particle format)

Nicant already mentioned the idea, but with this title, I expect this thread will allow the prospect to formalize should Virgil will it to become a reality.
C,C,C,C

GameGibu

Oh boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy!

Can't wait to see what I could do with this game.  :) Wish I had the money though... But it's as if it's calling to me... "GameGibu, take off your shirt and give the toaster a back rub, we're making french toast tomorrow morning."

Oops, wrong dream.

But you get the picture...

I hope...
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

miquelfire

I think it was talked about in a video already.

knucracker

Yep it is already in the game.  I've used it in a few places already.  Now it needs about a week of my attention to clean up the functions, etc.  But, that will come soon enough.

GameGibu

:'( I wish I had the money. I have a huge thinking bag but not enough money to support it. I mean, I barely have enough galactic credits to support my coffee mug above the holodesk. Pretty much everything else around here is the communal property of the inhabitants here.

I couldn't even do beta testing for this game, since I lack the time to commit to really truly testing the game... Wait a minute, yes I have the time, but I still don't have enough money to pay for beta testing status. On top of that, beta testing is for those who really have their life together. My life is scattered throughout several universes in the form of severed limbs, spilled organs, and randomly-torn-out bones. :-[

Yes, some of those times it hurt quite a bit...
-GameGibu

Say though virgilw, do you use functions like delay a lot or do you like to use modulus to time multiple different timed events on objects? Or do you just not do that kind of thing?
No, that wouldn't make sense... GameGibu you idiot, now virgilw will think you're insane!
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Shockblast DX

If you think about it, it would direct itself into saying purple instead of PRPL.

Grayzzur

"Purple" sounds better than "Cripple", too!
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

knucracker

I always liked saying "Creeple" for CRPL.  I also call the green energy areas placed by collectors "Soylent".  That way if you make a map where soylent is created by CRPL, you can declare, "Soylent Green is made out of Creeple!"

GoodMorning

The Soylent Corporation:

Made by the people
For the people
With the people

Because Soylent Green is people.

I always think of it as C R P L, rather than trying to pronounce it.
P R P L is what I would use as well.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Shockblast DX

That's funny... ;D

Grayzzur

Quote from: GoodMorning on May 14, 2016, 11:25:44 PM
I always think of it as C R P L, rather than trying to pronounce it.
P R P L is what I would use as well.
Maybe if it was only 3 letters... but no, too lazy to spell out FOUR.  8)
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

MizInIA

should we pronounce PRPL as Purple?

Karsten75

Quote from: MizInIA on May 16, 2016, 11:07:13 AM
should we pronounce PRPL as Purple?

This is a really important question to resolve before the first Knuckle-con. You would not want to arrive there and be heard saying "prpl" while the in people are saying "purpl' . Until then, since hardly anyone will ever hear you say it and typing PRPL is just as easy as "purple", does it matter? :)

knucracker

It should be pronounced "purple".  You should keep all of your script files in a top secret location, encrypted with the pass phrase "wine women song".  Beware any seductress, else you could lose your prpl files and your entire republic could fall.

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Purple_files

Grayzzur

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 16, 2016, 11:26:12 AM
...the first Knuckle-con.
So, when's that gonna happen? Or are you just making up a P.R.-Pill?  :o