Unit Roster

Started by 4xC, February 02, 2015, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

hacing seen and heard so many names for things on both sides, I was thinking that we compile them here despite the alpha stage game 4 is in causing this roster to be tenable.

unamed unless otherwise verified

Player:

Structures:
Mine
Amp
Range
Compress
Phalanx

Ships:
Corvette
Destroyer
Wolf
Lathe

Enemy:
Particle
Emitter
Station
Shuriken Station

Because some weapons appear to be shared between ships and/or enemies, I also have a list of each weapon sprite below:

Plasma Restoration Pod
Particle Guns
Missiles
Emitter Beams
C,C,C,C

Epic4242

Quote from: 4xC on February 02, 2015, 04:07:50 PM
hacing seen and heard so many names for things on both sides, I was thinking that we compile them here despite the alpha stage game 4 is in causing this roster to be tenable.

unamed unless otherwise verified

Player:

Structures:
Mine
Amp
Range
Compress
Phalanx

Ships:
Corvette
Destroyer
Wolf
Lathe

Enemy:
Particle
Emitter
Station
Shuriken Station

Because some weapons appear to be shared between ships and/or enemies, I also have a list of each weapon sprite below:

Plasma Restoration Pod
Particle Guns
Missiles
Emitter Beams

Wow wow wow!.........

-mine?
-shrieken station?

Also don't forget the c-class ship

;D

J

Personally I think it's a bit early to start a thread like this. The game is still in alpha stage which means anything can change, even the complete unit building style if V finds one that fits the game even better. When moving to beta units can still be added/removed. The game will most most likely look like what you've seen in the video, but things like an advanced upgrade system aren't in the game yet (if there will be one, units like range/compress might be replaced with other stuff). When you get the game you'll know which units you can get, but if you want to know it now, feel free to keep this thread up to date.

4xC

Quote from: J on February 03, 2015, 03:48:26 AM
Personally I think it's a bit early to start a thread like this. The game is still in alpha stage which means anything can change, even the complete unit building style if V finds one that fits the game even better. When moving to beta units can still be added/removed. The game will most most likely look like what you've seen in the video, but things like an advanced upgrade system aren't in the game yet (if there will be one, units like range/compress might be replaced with other stuff). When you get the game you'll know which units you can get, but if you want to know it now, feel free to keep this thread up to date.

I appreciate your consideration and I agree that everything is subject to rapid change, but I am one of those people who has an urge to know what the options are in RTS games, like knowing what all the units and structures in Starcraft 2 for example. When I first discivered that game a few years ago, I spent the first hour soaking in knowledge of each and every unit like a sponge.

I also have a preference to be as up to date on new games I am interested in as possible, and game 4 is quite high on my bucket list right now.
C,C,C,C

jpwanabe

I already can't wait for this game. Is it done yet? :D

Kharnellius

The corvettes are HUGE in this game compared to the destroyers.  May want to rename them or make them smaller.

Typically sizes of ships are in this order:
Fighter
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battleship (Battlecruiser)
Dreadnaught
Titan
Death Star
WTF

knucracker

Yeah, I liked the term "corvette" and had already used "Destroyer" on the smallest ship... so they ended up out of order.  I should probably just call them "Cruisers".  There may still be room for a smaller ship than a destroyer... and that could become a frigate or corvette I suppose.

Crimson King

Or you don't worry about them being out of order to traditional naval classifications. It is your game and you decide the order.

MadMag

Kharnellius

Quote from: Crimson King on February 06, 2015, 11:11:45 AM
Or you don't worry about them being out of order to traditional naval classifications. It is your game and you decide the order.
Yes, and I feel he should also consider using alternatives to the QWERTY keyboard and shoot for making everyone use the DVORAK keyboard configuration.  Change for the sake of change is always worthwhile.  ;)

Ronini

I am still in two minds about the units. The appeal of being able to modify any given ships weapon/system setup cannot be dismissed. But I fancy the challenge and focus a more strongly fixed toolset would bring, too.