I need a hint

Started by Karsten75, March 02, 2010, 05:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I just can't crack this map which is supposed to be a puzzle.

I've tried to chain a blaster between collectors to reduce the amount of units to be built, and also moving Odin City to shorten the build chain.

I've tried making the blasters act as  bridges so that two collectors can be built as one, and also with moving Odin City.

I've tried a number of positions for both. I've tried to experiment with where exactly to position OC.

I've gotten to where the last green packets are just about to enter the far totem before being swamped, but winning I can't.

So please, for the sake of my sanity, give me a hint!   ??? I can't spend another night sleepless!

Alwego

You need luck, not a skill ;p

Won for the first time, but then I could not repeat that anymore ;d

Finally, after several attempts I succeeded.

hi

Quote from: Alwego on March 02, 2010, 07:19:04 AM
You need luck, not a skill ;p

yeah, that's usually the case if you approach is ill-conceived ~.~

I don't like the approach you used alwego... that's why I'm gonna present a different one:

use the layout blaster -- odin -- blaster. The buttom collector should connect odin with the network and you should 4 collectors at the same time... repeat...
like this:

(that technique/a similar technique is useful for example on vela and loki)

Karsten75

I initially tried Alwego's approach. As I said, I got to within a second or so, but failed - many times.

I then thought about your approach, but had less success with it. I think I tried for 3-4 hours (I'm still sleepy!).  It makes me wonder seriously whether there are processor-related issues on close-timed maps like this. I know Virgil said there isn't, but I can't hep wondering.

Occam's razor suggests I'm just a klutz.

Alwego

But if You wait two second more, before starting buildings... You know what will happen ;)
I still think that it takes more luck than skill:-P I use the same strategy more times, but only a few times managed to win :?

This is an interesting map but not giving much fun from the game (IMO). It's too short (I like longer maps).

SPIFFEN

Oh i also had trubbel copying the way of the others =P
But when i started like this ,
i manage to do it just in the millisec i think =P

Then you have to move the city and Blasters so you keep connected with the bottom Totem ,
then you dont need to wait it to fill up with green packs again .

The faster you can move the city , the better chance is it to make it
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Timwi

Romkyns posted a video of his solution quite a long time ago:

My solution was identical to his.