How to solve Tucana? Please help!!!

Started by Mihaxxi, November 20, 2009, 01:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihaxxi

Anybody finished this level?

How to solve Tucana?

Please help!!!

knucracker

There is usually more than one way to solve each level... so others may do Tucana differently than I do.
But what I do is build collectors right and left.  Then I built two, and only two mortars on the right and left.  These mortars are positioned so that they will fire into the lakes above and below them.  In other words, you only have to build two mortars to keep the four lakes emptied.  Once you do this, then you can start to expand your collectors to get more and more energy.

After that, you pick a corner to focus on and assault it until you can get a blaster in range of the emitter so you can cap it off.  Rinse and repeat for  the remaining corners.

The key is to not panic at the beginning, don't overbuild, and practice what you have learned about how to damage the most creeper with the least amount of energy usage on your part (only building two mortars to keep four pools damaged).

Aurzel

i didnt think to use a pair of mortars (i figured they build too slow to catch the creepers before they spread out) so i built a blaster next to each pool and it bought me more than enough time to get a thriving economy, after that i did what virgilw said and slowly pushed back and capped each emitter

Apocalypstic

Using blasters for each pool takes up a lot of energy though, and your going to need...a decent economy before you can attempt that. Though it is still possible to beat the map using this method, it would take a considerable amount of time.
Look over here! Is it a word?! Is it a sentence?! No! It's a distraction!

Aurzel

yeah that's true, i'm more for pushing the creeper back slowly and surely rather than going for the highscore, though now on my second play through i'm trying to get the highscore but sometimes i find mortars too slow, maybe its just me

Mrmcdeath

Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.