thank you very much

Started by ptorric, November 19, 2009, 03:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptorric

you've done a great job, thank you for this very cool game.
i'm over 25 years computer old, i think this is a masterpiece.
i'm sharing it over facebook to all, i really hope you get lot of money.
thank you again

ps:
please wait to develop 2.0 version, we dont need a sequel at the present, maybe some upgrade like a route planner or a graphic forecast depletion estimator ;)

knucracker

Thanks for your great feedback!

Aurzel

i agree, upgrades and additions is better than a new game, wait till the fans are outside your house with torches and pitchforks, that being said i'd love to see another mini story line like just another 5 connected maps

Bovius

Thank for making this game, Virgil. This is truly a rare gem. I've been waiting literally for decades for someone to execute on the "apocalyptic blob crushes everything" scenario, and Creeper World delivers with a new perspective on RTS and a surprising level of gameplay balance, considering this is a one-man show. Good work. I hope your endeavor meets with wild success.

Mrmcdeath

Any hopes you could make the maps bigger? Like you could have a small, medium, or large map size? Other than that great game. It has hooked me.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

The size of the current maps was basically chosen so that that native resolution of the game would be 700x525 (a 4:3 ratio).  This produces a game that scales well to most standard 4:3 desktop screen ratios.  The size of the maps was also consistent with the overall theme of making a "tight" game that required no scrolling around or zooming.  Basically the tightest tactical/strategic game I could come up with.  My own little statement on the power of game play vs the presumption that scale is a requirement for a good RTS title. 

But.... bigger maps would still be fun.

Aurzel

yeah i think its a good idea too, you could also have an option to zoom in and out a bit so that you could have the whole map on the screen still or zoom in for more detail and have to scroll around a bit, maybe its something you can think about for the 2nd game