suggestions

Started by CodeKiller, August 25, 2009, 03:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeKiller

Hi all,

There is no suggestion directory so I post it there.  ;)

Here I come :
- add an other sort of creeper
- add some (special) weapons (ice, fire, lightning, ...), as in Tower Defense games (I think you know these games  ;))
- add some other game mode (sandbox, cheats, ...) the player can unlock (as double creeper mode)
- add defense building like walls
- add terraforming tools (to lower or rise the terrain so creeper can be slowed)
- fix some graphical issues (as the circle of the generator for example which is smaller than the real distance you can build an other tower)

There is some ideas, if you don't bother about them it's not a problem. ;-)

Finally : I bought the game, finished it, and it's really a [expletive deleted - G.] (forgive me for the word) good game.  ;D

Good job !

knucracker

Thanks for the feedback.  There are many, many things I'd love to add to CW.  Some ideas had to be shelved during the dev cycle (else I'd still be working on it:).  But once I get the chance, I'd love to bring some of these ideas to life.

MisterX

Hi there,

I've loved this game and bought it after playing the first couple of levels of the demo.  Played all the modes/levels an average of 4 times and I'm still loving it.

While playing it I thought a couple of things would be quite interesting to add..

Puzzle type mode, where you start with the level paused, lay out all your units, collectors blasters etc in advance. then click go and see how your plan works. If it fails, keep tweaking untill you succeed,
Obviously It would all need to be accomplishable in one go, so it would be fast custom type levels. A couple of the existing levels can very nearly be done in this way.

I'd like to see the destructable walls available for consruction but maybe only on certian types of terrain?  at choke points maybe where it could be optionally used as a tactic.

User generated levels would be good too, with levels being rated by other players.  But then thats just because i crave new levels to play :)
Gold star to the first Helms Deep themed  one :p 

Larger playing area, Be nice to see some epic type maps 2x, 3x the size though i appreciate there may be limitations due to performance issues...

Just my 2p worth.

Love the game hope this is the first of many!

knucracker

Quote from: MisterX on October 14, 2009, 09:35:57 AM
User generated levels would be good too, with levels being rated by other players.  But then thats just because i crave new levels to play :)
Gold star to the first Helms Deep themed  one :p 

You are about to get your wish.  I've worked really hard to bring a level editor to life.... and it is nearly ready.  It will enter beta this week and be released before the end of the month (if the beta goes well).

The editor will allow you to create any terrain you like and even specify whatever graphic you want.  You can create many emitters, no emitters, spore waves every 5 seconds, or even just a single spore wave that comes after like 10 minutes and has 50 spores in it.  You can create missions with lots of survival pods everywhere, 50 totems, or even just one totem.  You can also create massively thick walls if you like.

It's all pretty fun and designing maps becomes a kind of game in itself....
And I do plan to host player generated maps on the website.  I'll have to review the maps before they are made available (to keep them suitable for a general audience), but I do want to host them and make them user rate-able.

For anyone who wants in on the beta just send me email to "support at knucklecracker dot com".  Give me your forum name and I'll add you to the beta group.  You will also need to have a purchased copy of the game.  The map editor will be totally free for everyone, but you have to have a full copy of the game to play the maps.

MisterX

Outstanding :)
Looking forward to it !

Emailing as we speak :)