Main Menu

Rating a map

Started by Ebon Heart, March 17, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I think that cw needs a differnt map rating system, anyone agree? There are too many people who just go around and give every map they see a 1. it's so annoying! Maybe you can only rate a map after you've beaten it?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Echo51

The only way to limit rating to after you've beat it is sadly to code it into the game upon completion. also, don't take the rating too seriously, what you should look at is the comments ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

We've had hundreds of discussions about this (click 'Search'). It just won't happen.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

I still think rating should be limited to people who have beaten a map, or at least people with accounts! any idiot can logg on, go to all the custom maps, and click "one" my most recent map had two scores of 5/5, then someone came on and gave it a 1, and brought the score down to 3.67

SPIFFEN

Well i think it might work better if they had to make an comment to rate the map ,
but i do like that the map can be rated without doing so ,
i just wished that low raters would comment why they do so =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Kamron3

Hopefully CW2 will have a better, more efficient map system than CW1.

Features:
- Can easily moderate comments for your own maps.
- Profanity is censored.
- Account login in order to comment/rate maps.
- Accounts are separate from the forum. I dislike the current system that spams the forum with maps, tbh.
- Maps can be edited after upload. But all comments and ratings are deleted.
- Map descriptions can be edited after upload.

Ebon Heart

I swear there are people that give maps a 1/5 just because they feel like it. I don't think they even look at the maps half the time.

Ebon Heart

Cw2 sounds a lot better in tha case! Lol

Sqaz

Hopefully CW2 will have a better, more efficient? map system than CW1.

Features:
- Can easily moderate comments for your own maps.   So who's going to moderate it, do you think someone has enough time to check the hundreds of comments made each day. Or will the mapmaker do it himself so he can delete all bad comments.
- Profanity is censored.   And how?
- Account login in order to comment/rate maps.   Well yeah, I can live with that, you already have to log in to comment so that might be alright.
- Accounts are separate from the forum. I dislike the current system that spams the forum with maps, tbh.   That's why it's a sub-board, so you don't have to look at it and just ignore it. Just don't click and you'll be happy which is much better than needing to login and register twice.
- Maps can be edited after upload. But all comments and ratings are deleted.   So you did your best to post a score, you changed your tactic to squeeze out every second, you spent day and night figuring out where to build that blaster which upgrade to choose and then pooof... The map editor didn't like the background, thought it was a little to hard, wanted that top-score once again or just saw the ratings sucked and he got some bad comments and decided to delete it. FUN ;D
- Map descriptions can be edited after upload.   That'd be nice indeed.

SPIFFEN

Qoute :
Features:
- Can easily moderate comments for your own maps. Nah dont think so .
- Profanity is censored. There is an report button for this .
- Account login in order to comment/rate maps. An forum account should be enought .
- Accounts are separate from the forum. I dislike the current system that spams the forum with maps, tbh. Sorry i like making maps =P
- Maps can be edited after upload. But all comments and ratings are deleted. Nah dont think so .
- Map descriptions can be edited after upload. That would be really nice =D  
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

Ebon Heart

I think the space for descriptions should be larger personally.

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 03:55:22 PM
You can use the comments for that , like UpperKEES has for his maps .
How to make links

Kamron3

Features:
- Can easily moderate comments for your own maps. There also can be a few designated moderators for map comments.
- Account login in order to comment/rate maps.
- Accounts are separate from the forum. I dislike the current system that spams the forum with maps, tbh.
- Map descriptions can be edited after upload.

These are the main reasons I would like to have a new system for CW2 Maps. I dislike the CW1 way of map submission.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: SPIFFEN on March 17, 2011, 04:01:21 PM
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 03:55:22 PM
You can use the comments for that , like UpperKEES has for his maps .
true... it still gets annoying at times though.

UpperKEES

I'm actually satisfied with the system as it is right now.

Sure, I also get my 1 star ratings (probably by people who don't like me, map makers who can't stand the competition and newbies who thought they can beat every map after finishing the CW1 story maps).

I think we haven't seen many bad comments since the comments system moved to the forums and map submittal/approval is pretty fast in my experience.

The only thing I miss is more sort/filter options, but this has also been discussed quite some times and Virgil just likes it the way it is and doesn't want popular maps to get even more popular while good maps that initially missed some attention don't get played at all any more. Of course he has a point there.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview