time to clean up

Started by thepenguin, December 25, 2010, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

it would be helpful if virgil (or one of the mods, if they can do this) could delete all the accounts with 0 posts because it is hard looking through 71 pages of people to find who you're looking for

//EDIT:nice job virgil
We have become the creeper...

Echo51

Narrowere search terms helped, or just sort by post count.
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Kamron3

Accounts with 0 posts and haven't been logged into in over a few months should automatically be deleted. Especially if they have links everywhere in their profile.

thepenguin

Let's hope virgil can put in something where it auto-deletes any accounts older than a month with no posts

Michionlion

as long as it has never posted.  that way most of the spambots and other people/stuff get deleted, but somebody who just started and only posted one or two times and then had to go on vacation or something didn't get mad.  also don't advertise it in public because for some people it would seem as though we were forcing them to post...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

Quote from: Michionlion on December 27, 2010, 04:26:15 PM
as long as it has never posted.  that way most of the spambots and other people/stuff get deleted, but somebody who just started and only posted one or two times and then had to go on vacation or something didn't get mad.  also don't advertise it in public because for some people it would seem as though we were forcing them to post...
just once, might not be a bad thing

Michionlion

wellll, some forums do require that and it makes a lot of people mad for some reason.  most of the time me included (people don't like to be forced).
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

Well, if you're going to be on the forums and have never posted, what's the point of an account?

Michionlion

i'm talking about people who don't like to feel forced.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

ctuna

When I first joined the forum, I didn't think I knew enough or had anything significant to say, so I simply 'watched" for a while. I'm not sure a "nuclear" solution would be fair to anyone who was in that situation. I'd suggest some restraint.

Kamron3

Quote from: ctuna on December 27, 2010, 07:33:03 PM
When I first joined the forum, I didn't think I knew enough or had anything significant to say, so I simply 'watched" for a while. I'm not sure a "nuclear" solution would be fair to anyone who was in that situation. I'd suggest some restraint.

Then anyone with links in their siggy or in the website slot, with 0-3 posts and have not logged in, in the last few months, should be cron'd.

Michionlion

i'm guessing that would be hard to do...

Edit: i'd say that it should be how much time they've actually been on the forums: how much threads they have looked at, or something like that.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

so any accounts that have been inactive (not logged into) for 1 month and have 0-3 posts should be deleted?

Kamron3

Quote from: thepenguin on December 28, 2010, 09:46:29 AM
so any accounts that have been inactive (not logged into) for 1 month and have 0-3 posts should be deleted?

Yep, that would get all of them. I saw one about 2 weeks ago get away with 2 posts because he posted something relevant, but hasn't been on since, so most likely spam bot.