Main Menu

Sponge

Started by ssddgghh, May 20, 2010, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: ssddgghh on May 20, 2010, 11:10:03 AM
My idea for a new unit.

It is constructed normally, is movable, and connects like nonspecially-connecting units. (If you don't get that, it means "connect only to collectors, relays or Odin City".)

Once it is fully constructed, you are supposed to move it into the creeper where it soaks up creeper instead of degrading as other units do (amount soaked shown by a blue bar above unit).

Once it is full up with creeper, it self destructs, destroying the contained creeper with it.

Thoughts?

How is this different than constructing a blaster or mortar, fully charging it, then flying it into creeper where it will discharge it's weapons and then explode?  Seems very similar to me.

UpperKEES

And of course the player would be able to determine where the creeper would be 'consumed'.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

J

Fully charge a blaster, move it to Creeper and let them do.
If you move it back to base before it self-destructs you have a blaster left from he adventure. ;)

Twi

This seems kinda like a movable, player-constructed wall. Except better.

Not much to say here.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

ssddgghh

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 22, 2010, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: ssddgghh on May 20, 2010, 11:10:03 AM
My idea for a new unit.

It is constructed normally, is movable, and connects like nonspecially-connecting units. (If you don't get that, it means "connect only to collectors, relays or Odin City".)

Once it is fully constructed, you are supposed to move it into the creeper where it soaks up creeper instead of degrading as other units do (amount soaked shown by a blue bar above unit).

Once it is full up with creeper, it self destructs, destroying the contained creeper with it.

Thoughts?

How is this different than constructing a blaster or mortar, fully charging it, then flying it into creeper where it will discharge it's weapons and then explode?  Seems very similar to me.

The difference is that it only soaks up right on the spot it is put, rather than at various spots around it.

J

I think the sponge is good if it costs 5-15 packets.

ssddgghh

Quote from: Jstudio on May 24, 2010, 03:58:18 AM
I think the sponge is good if it costs 5-15 packets.
Too little, like that it would be too easy to use a bunch of them as temporary emitter caps.

J

A blaster cost 25 packets and 1 packet for 5 shots. I agree whith you if the sponge can destroy loads of Creeper.

F0R

i think instead of being effective in deep water like the drone this should work better in shallow water. And 100 posts this post

UpperKEES

By manually editing the CWM file I have been able to create real sponges (in the form of super soaking friendly spores). Check it out here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview