Custom Map #206: Wipe-out. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, October 19, 2016, 11:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #206: Wipe-out

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 160x90

Desc:
These are tight quarters... wait, what happened to the fleet? Why is there nothing in this sector, we'll never know, Don't lose your HQ~!

D0m0nik

That had me stumped for a while, that unit is evil!

Spoiler
However you don't have to kill it to win!
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on October 20, 2016, 01:52:49 PM
That had me stumped for a while, that unit is evil!

Spoiler
However you don't have to kill it to win!
[close]

Spoiler
I rammed it with my hammer.
[close]

It's my job to find evilness :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

PMouser

i tried that and it rebuilt too fast for me, still cant kill buildings
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Quote from: PMouser on October 21, 2016, 04:52:28 PM
i tried that and it rebuilt too fast for me, still cant kill buildings

don't move to quickly. bait the particles into the center line. Use omnis + omni reactor to attack the 2 far right emitters. Keep attacking the center once all emitters are gone. Protect the HQ at all costs.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

PMouser

i did those emitters, i cant get the ship factory, the ship comes back too fast.
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Quote from: PMouser on October 22, 2016, 12:40:21 AM
i did those emitters, i cant get the ship factory, the ship comes back too fast.

Once all emitters are lathed away, just surround the factory with ships. Use the supplement to power their weapons.

GoodMorning

"The supplement"?

I just used repeated Hammer-ramming until the spawner was down.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

ha!  ::)

edit: The Supplement is the supply ship provided in the map.

Johnny Haywire

Woot. Finished this on my first attempt! That doesn't happen too often with a Sorrontis map   8)

I found I only needed to ram the dopple a couple times...

Dopples are usually more vulnerable to shield-ramming. Instead of rushing in full-throttle, ease a shielded ship into the dopple's core and let it hang there for a bit. I did this with the shield ship, then rammed it once with the hammer & it died and barely damaged the hammer. Then just keep moving the hammer back & forth over the spawn area and it's done.

This map was barely annoying! I almost wonder if you sub-contracted this one out. Hmmm...  ::)

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

toolforger

I got my amped shield ship suicided while killing the doppel, but the Razor is a really nice "let me waltz over you while building" ship. Just made sure one of the prongs did the waltzing instead of the center core. Had to waltz twice, but even the first prong rebuilt in time, so it wasn't too evil.

Getting the omnis to the emitters without crashing into stray particles required a bit more thought, but with the proper techniques it required mostly just attention.

Yeah, "too easy for Sorrontis to have done this", but still a fun little map :-)