Custom Map #8253: Pentrox. By: doritoeatingkid

Started by AutoPost, March 28, 2020, 03:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8253: Pentrox

Author: doritoeatingkid
Size: 128x84

Desc:
This is the level before Sucalus so if u see the map Sucalus and u have beatan this than uu can play the map Sucalus thanks and please rate

Helper

Johnny Haywire

Land one CN on the right side and don't use beams.  ;)

Thanks for the map! :D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 28, 2020, 09:15:08 PM

I tried using the right side, but got eaten up pretty quickly.
Do you have a screenshot at about the 2-3 minute mark?
Thanks,
H

hawgwash

Quote from: Helper on March 29, 2020, 04:28:58 AM
Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 28, 2020, 09:15:08 PM

I tried using the right side, but got eaten up pretty quickly.
Do you have a screenshot at about the 2-3 minute mark?
Thanks,
H
Spoiler
Dont='t have a screen shot but I started with two CNs on the right and quickly supplemented with AC guppies from the left.
[close]

hawgwash

Johnny Haywire

Sorry, I didn't save this map but you only need one CN on the right side - I think I built an ore mine and a sprayer right away. After clearing a little space, I moved the sprayer behind the CN to let AC pile up a bit.

The spores do very little damage, so the only thing that should die from a hit would be your power supplies. Since the targeting is random, when you get a chance you can fly a guppy to the left AC pool and build some collectors to draw fire. They won't die in the deep AC.

Anyway, not that you need to use this strategy. It makes it challenging, but not challenging enough to save or pause.

If someone wants to remake this map with only 1 CN available and the only landing spot on the right side, I'll play it and save it so you can see a screenshot.

marvinitfox

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 30, 2020, 01:33:50 PMIf someone wants to remake this map with only 1 CN available and the only landing spot on the right side, I'll play it and save it so you can see a screenshot.

Ew, that would be hard.
With 2 CN on the right, one has enough energy to build defenses before the creep overruns. But just one? owch.

Still, it might be doable. And having access ( even if indirect) to near-infinite AC is a very potent tool.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, it's doable with only one CN. Not easy, but just gotta manage your initial energy efficiently.

What helps in this map (besides the crazy pool of AC) is that the spores are very weak.  ;)

marvinitfox

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 31, 2020, 02:08:19 PM
What helps in this map (besides the crazy pool of AC) is that the spores are very weak.  ;)

There are spores?

I sure didn't notice.

(okok, i saw them. and ignored them. even a thin layer of AC protects, so  pfffht! to the spores )