CW 3 Enhancement Requests

Started by Burrocrates, October 10, 2013, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burrocrates

This list is intended to be updated over time, and I will make edits as I think of them.

Please feel free to add your own.

• Allow for cloud based saves

• I installed the game at my home, at work, and on a laptop, but each version has its own save point.  It would be nice to sync them across my different devices

• Add voice overs to the story line dialogue

• unless you specifically wanted to user to read the dialogue, then that's cool

• a way for sprayers to target the same spot continuously.

• It can be a pain to have to constantly move a sprayer to where it has a line of sight to some creeper when it could be effective anyway.
    • Courtesy of Bacteriophage

• For Strafer, Bertha (and maybe bomber):

• Some way to automatically tend to pockets of creeper laying around, or trim back the stuff that is somewhat far from the source. Maybe a 'target random creeper' option.
    • Courtesy of Arky

• Coordinated landings:

• Maybe a no-landing zone or global option to not land anything. Once everything has flown to the correct spot, then turn it off and everything lands at once. Guppies, especially get there too fast.
    • Courtesy of Arky

• Guppy cycling:

• A few guppies in a landing zone run their energy down only when they are the closest one to the customers, but that leads to gaps in coverage where every guppy is gone at once.  If a guppy was part of an unconnected network, then it might be better if once a guppy started to dispense, then it would continue until depleted instead of letting a fresh guppy take over mid-discharge.
    • Courtesy of Arky

• Sprayers:

• Shouldn't these be able to shoot to higher elevations like mortars?  Was that a balance decision?
    • Courtesy of Arky

• Berthas:

• A way to target but not fire them so firing would be instant.  You could make huge coordinated salvos that would make a powered Bertha jealous.
    • Courtesy of Arky

Burrocrates

Yeah, saw that topic, but I was hoping for this thread to post enhancement requests in on location, not just a single thread about a single enhancement.

Grauniad

Well, how can you ask for an enhancement that already exists?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Burrocrates

Seems more like a workaround, not inherent functionality.  I will re-read the post to make sure.

Grauniad

Quote from: Burrocrates on October 10, 2013, 03:32:33 PM
Seems more like a workaround, not inherent functionality.  I will re-read the post to make sure.

Virgil put it in before the game went to beta testing. If that is not inherent functionality, I don't know what is.

Neko187

Quote from: Burrocrates on October 10, 2013, 03:10:36 PM

• Add voice overs to the story line dialogue

• unless you specifically wanted to user to read the dialogue, then that's cool

I'm sure V will do this once he sells enough to hire morgan freeman.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

thejoe66

Doing voices could be expensive he could get fans to do voices but they would have to be good at voice acting. One more thing i would love to be a voice actor for KC one day i love voice acting and i would love to get my experience up
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Amram

You must manipulate the files, the back end of the game, from outside the game environment, to work around its UI limitations which don't facilitate the use of this code.  Additionally, to put those saves online, to the 'cloud', you need a third party to get involved, some other service to host it on his own account with them, which he needs to manually co-ordinate.

So, I don't think he is asking for what already exists.  We do lack that functionality.

Defining save locations without any file-fu would be a good addition to the game menu imho.  I'm indifferent to the cloud personally, I'd just save them to a thumb drive and take that with me.

Mimsy

It's ridiculous to ask for cloud saves and full voiceovers for an indie game like this. Cloud saves takes servers and real infrastructure. At most I'd say there could be something in the Settings menu to select your data directory. If you REALLY think it should be automated, write a script that changes the data path to inside a dropbox/gdrive/sky folder, then ask virgil to include it with the game. For the voiceovers, if fans want to do them and they're good quality, perhaps virgil could be convinced to include it. I and probably many other indie game players neither want nor expect voiceovers in a game like this. Would you expect animated lip synching too?

To get back on topic however:
- A way in the DMD to see maps made or played by a specific person.
   Good for if you find someone who makes a lot of maps you like, or if you want to see what maps a friend has played.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Burrocrates

Thanks for the feedback, but this is a wish list of product enhancements.

If I were a developer, independent or not, I would relish the opportunity to hear about what my users want.

The actual decision of what gets added or does not get added is not up to me, I am simply requesting an enhancement that I would find beneficial.

I will add your request to my list at the top.

Thanks

Bacteriophage

I personally would like to see a way for sprayers to target the same spot continuously.  It can be a pain to have to constantly move a sprayer to where it has a line of sight to some creeper when it could be effective anyway.

4xC

Quote from: Bacteriophage on October 10, 2013, 11:05:03 PM
I personally would like to see a way for sprayers to target the same spot continuously.  It can be a pain to have to constantly move a sprayer to where it has a line of sight to some creeper when it could be effective anyway.

Yes, that was such a nice feature in CW2 that it's remarkably shameful not to have it now.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

Quote from: Mimsy on October 10, 2013, 06:25:25 PM

- A way in the DMD to see maps made or played by a specific person.
   Good for if you find someone who makes a lot of maps you like, or if you want to see what maps a friend has played.

Made by a specific person: Type the person's name in the Filter box.

Mimsy

Quote from: Bacteriophage on October 10, 2013, 11:05:03 PM
a way for sprayers to target the same spot continuously.

Perhaps just a checkbox that makes it so, when the sprayer is not shooting anything, it just spills AC from where it is. That's what I originally thought the "dispatch extra AC" option was.
Momo on the DMD scores.