Terp to addictive?

Started by FreeForTaking, October 05, 2013, 08:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeForTaking

Well, I'll just let the images do the talking, this WAS the Creeper In the Wind map.. xP (Check attachments)

steelwing

O.O Wow that's some serious energy generation!

TonyP2000

I remember my terp test map from beta. I don't have it any more, but all it was, was completely random and scrambled terrain and just a bunch of terps, terraforming the heck out of it. I had a good 20 terps (some powerzoned) and they were just going to town. The programming behind these things are just admiral since they all "know" what spot is being taken worked on and each take their own cell. Watching 20+ terps shooting around at random cells is very interesting to watch.
Vote Tony!

Karsten75

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 05, 2013, 09:48:26 PM
Watching 20+ terps shooting around at random cells is very interesting to watch.

Fixed it for ya...  :)

Imposter

Terps are fun, but I get the feeling that I waste time with them, that I could be using to be aggressive. I'm pretty turtley in this game.

TonyP2000

Quote from: Imposter on October 06, 2013, 04:41:09 AM
Terps are fun, but I get the feeling that I waste time with them, that I could be using to be aggressive. I'm pretty turtley in this game.

I never use terps defensively. I use them for make a straight even path from one hill to another.
Vote Tony!

Katra

I've used them to mow down little hills for a clear field of fire. And to build nice high sniper platforms.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

egos

I have been referring to the strategy of using terps to push a front line on a platform as "platforming".  I usually push with a platform that is 12 squares wide with 4 cannons, 4 mortars and 6 terps.
But terp usage can definitely be taken too far.
I think this is my worst overuse of terps. At peak productivity, I was using a sustained 800 energy.

TonyP2000

Quote from: egos on October 14, 2013, 12:40:39 PM
I have been referring to the strategy of using terps to push a front line on a platform as "platforming".  I usually push with a platform that is 12 squares wide with 4 cannons, 4 mortars and 6 terps.
I think this is my worst overuse of terps. At peak productivity, I was using a sustained 800 energy.

That is one epic picture. That must have been amazing to watch.
Vote Tony!

teknotiss

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 14, 2013, 01:21:00 PM
Quote from: egos on October 14, 2013, 12:40:39 PM

That is one epic picture. That must have been amazing to watch.

and took some time, that was a slope from height 1 up to about 7/8 i think, it took me a moment to realise it was thor's thunder, and i'd made it! :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Mimsy

Terps are very addictive, you get sucked into using them. You might even say...
IT'S A TERP!
Momo on the DMD scores.

wlf

Quote from: Mimsy on October 14, 2013, 03:15:54 PM
Terps are very addictive, you get sucked into using them. You might even say...
IT'S A TERP!

Or, "i got terped".  I haven't had the time to follow the boards a lot since the game was dropped, but, didn't I see in a blog post that you could terp land across open space? Didn't work when I wanted to, was this removed?

burguertime

Dunno about terp in space, but I got the terp blues baaad.

These days I refrain myself from even building them, or I will turn the map into a pit. My favored strategy is to make a 9x wide path around the map edges and corners, and pound the middle whenever is there something to kill.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Grayzzur

This was Alpha : virgilw : Sacrifice  :o
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

steelwing

Quote from: Grayzzur on October 25, 2013, 12:06:12 AM
This was Alpha : virgilw : Sacrifice  :o

What'd you do, bury that thing in AC??  :D