Custom Map #8719: 46x46. By: TrickyCorp Tiny Levels

Started by AutoPost, August 02, 2020, 10:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8719: 46x46

Author: TrickyCorp Tiny Levels
Size: 46x46

Desc:
The enemy gets weaker if it covers more terrain... but this time it also attacks with spores. This is both a hard and a long battle. Fails may take very long to undo. Good luck and Have fun. #CRPL #Spores #VeryHard #Tiny This level is possibly more difficult that the hardest level made by TrickyCorp Final (Which is also me) Insert motivational sentence here.

TrickyPlayer

Would anyone want a copy of this level that is easier? 1(one) reply asking me to do so is enough to make me do so.
Here is a hint on this kind of level: Try not to progress unless you are sure you can keep said progress. Creeper production and spore production can be calculated as follows:
Spoiler
((Amount of terrain not covered by Creeper, ignoring AC, as %) to the third power) calculates the (average) effectiveness of the emitter/spores. In case someone wants to know what this means: if 50% of all terrain is filled with creeper, the effectiveness should be: (0,50) to the third power, making it 0,125 or 1 out of 8 times the maximal effectiveness.
[close]

I found out I incorrectly made the code for the spores. That is why there are a lot of them even if over half of the level is covered in creeper. New levels I make will no longer have this incorrect code, as I know where I made the mistake.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on August 03, 2020, 03:58:35 AM
Would anyone want a copy of this level that is easier? 1(one) reply asking me to do so is enough to make me do so.
Here is a hint on this kind of level: Try not to progress unless you are sure you can keep said progress. Creeper production and spore production can be calculated as follows:
Spoiler
((Amount of terrain not covered by Creeper, ignoring AC, as %) to the third power) calculates the (average) effectiveness of the emitter/spores. In case someone wants to know what this means: if 50% of all terrain is filled with creeper, the effectiveness should be: (0,50) to the third power, making it 0,125 or 1 out of 8 times the maximal effectiveness.
[close]

you've made 400 maps over the last three days and this is the best one, I think.

I don't want an easier version, since the whole point is that this is a difficult game, that stays hard most of the time. It's not enough to get a foothold and the rest is a formality.

Great map. 10 points.

I laugh at the average 2,8 points.... take the low average as a compliment.

Johnny Haywire

I completely agree with Martin. This is a great map and actually not very difficult at all - just time-consuming.

If you wanted to make it more difficult, you could remove the singularity from the forge. Some people might hate you for that, but maybe you just need to show them that they shouldn't complain about a map like this being difficult.  :o  ;D  #nocomplaining #betough #flexandgo

As for me, I just went for a single totem and let it charge up for a couple hours while I did some work-stuff. The finish was easy.

Thanks for this really creative map - this one is probably my favorite so far!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?