Creeper in 0 gravity won't flow into pin fields

Started by Ebon Heart, April 04, 2012, 12:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I have a tight setup in A Tragedy Forgotten Part 2 where anti creeper emitters are contained in fields. to the left and right are pin fields containing 2.147B anti creeper. These are supposed to act as triggers once an emitter elsewhere on the map is destroyed and it stops canceling the AC emitter out. But it doesn't work. Once the emitter is destroyed, the anti creeper emitter is no longer canceled out, but the creeper won't move from subcell it's emitted in. I even tried putting a level 4 field that rotates 180 degrees after every emission, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

2b3o4o

Does this only happen in zero gravity? If so, you may want to consider creating a very small amount of downward gravity....

J

If there are no fields pushing the AC into the pin fields the AC should NOT move in. You should try increasing the emitter density's and the lvl of the field teleporting the creeper to your AC emitter and don't remove the level 4 field.

Ebon Heart

but there is a field pushing it towards the pin field, but it still won't flow. That's why I'm confused. And if I increase the density of the AC emitter, it defeats the purpose of the trigger.

Ebon Heart

I found a workaround... but it makes absolutely no sense. It seems that fields that loop, rotating 180 degrees behave as pin fields, no matter which direction they're pointing. (at least in 1 enclosed subcell)  So I replaced the rotating fields with 2 fields, which alternate on/off. They each point different directions and switch which one is on every 15 frames. Behaves exactly the same way as a field rotating 180 degrees every 15 frames, but this actually works.