Started by AutoPost, February 14, 2013, 04:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1985: teks34 drone wars 02

Author: teknotiss

Desc:
ok more drone farming. have at it!

PMouser

huh, i cant use the map editor to see fields, i dont know what i am doing in it. please help thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

Quote from: PMouser on February 19, 2013, 08:45:16 PM
huh, i cant use the map editor to see fields, i dont know what i am doing in it. please help thanks

in the map editor there are two click boxes on the top bar to the right of "save map", called "render ground" and "show fields".
click "on" show fields and click "off" render ground (to hide the terrain and show whatever is under it)
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

PMouser

how to use it on map in question not on my own map? i cant find the map i want to look at with this. thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

so you want to load the map (filename will be 1985) from the "creeper world 2 maps" folder?
if you search for  "%appdata%\CreeperWorld\customgames\" on your hard-drive you'll be able to find the download folder for CW2 custom maps (probably located at this path, but it may be different on yours).
once you have done this i suggest you make a shortcut to it so you can find it easily in future.
i could explain the AC field path but the editor will be easier to understand than that.
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Here is an image with the fields...

Fields outline

[close]

Or here are some words....
Spoiler

The fields start at the left gem location. The length of the crossbars indicates which way you have to dig next. All creeper emitter locations have to be connected.
[close]
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Bongo

Tek, I love your maps but this one was like watching paint dry even at 15 minutes.

FYI: If anyone wants to beat my time...
Spoiler

1. Make a large chamber around the juicy Drones.
2. Don't upgrade range so you can lure the Drones OUTSIDE the field before killing them.
3. Open paths so that half the Anti-Creeper can go up into the top chamber while half goes down into the 'path'.
4. Contemplate the lint in your navel for about 13 minutes.
5. Win. :P
[close]

teknotiss

ah more solid terrain if i repeat this sort of thing then?  ::) and larger and more constraining fields too!   ;)