Is there a way to choose the music for a map?

Started by Clean0nion, November 27, 2013, 06:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

Let's just agree that we shouldn't be able to change volume.

nebzero

Quote from: nebzero on December 01, 2013, 09:39:36 PM
I do think the solution to this fabricated and hypothetical problem with 'sound volume' is simple... Just don't allow anyone but the user to control master volume (and even above that, they have their own computer's volume to control...)

Kingo

How did we get from a discussion regarding being able to change the music for a map to sound volume?
We should get back on topic. I'll bet graunidad is just waiting with the lock and key for this thread...

JF-T

I agree. We can all agree that music volume should never exceed the level set in the settings menu as it can get pretty loud and some of us may be trying to play this game at school or behind their boss's or baby's back.
I imagine one day someone will find a way to do this with CRPL, if anything one could get it to work like "Move tracks here and rename to track1.mp3, track2.mp3 and so on" So you could just substitute music with your own instead of having a set or fixed selection.

But then there'd be the whole bit about if the CRPL would only target specific lengths of those song tracks, or the whole song, which would either cut some songs off, or not at all.

The difference between music and sound volume is... well about the exact same amount of nothing. Sounds are incredibly short... sounds, and music is just a large array and variety of sounds, so they're really one and the same, save for length.

If this sort of thing, at least to substitute sounds if not music, then I'd imagine there'd be that one map with that loud sound that jumpscares you.

I think I rather like that idea actually.

Sure there's the whole Digital Rights Act thing, but I'm not aware of it's policies (mostly because there's no real reason for it to exist in my mind) so I can't say for sure whether or not it'd be a problem for the game as a whole.

But maybe there might be a way to just substitute the music in the game itself instead of a whole map in the future, that way, any violations of any act or agreement would be entirely on the shoulders of those who those who actually do it, instead of the creators. I think that'd be a bit of a work-around in a way.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps