Main Menu

Benchmark results

Started by Grauniad, November 08, 2013, 11:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: Grayzzur on November 11, 2013, 05:30:12 PM

My gaming/whatever desktop. I like to go with the sweet spot on the price/performance curve when I buy.

Great minds think alike! :) It's amazing how close your results are to mine. I'm going to study them for a while.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

CobraKill

Dell Latitude E6400

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Passmark Rating:    621
CPU Mark: 2101   
2D Graphics Mark: 436.7   
3D Graphics Mark: 97
Memory Mark: 804   
Disk Mark: 450.9   

Hardware
CPU Type   Intel Core i2 Duo T9600 @2.8Ghz
Memory   4GB
Video Card Tested NViDIA Quadro NVS 160M
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My crappy laptop. It's five years old, and hopefully soon to be replaced. I missed the link to the benchmark page when I first submitted my baseline.

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

knucracker

At last, the results from my new build:

Conclusions I can draw from this build:
- The samsung 840 evo drives are a really good intersection of performance, reliability, and price.

- The nvidia gtx 770 is a good card and with the recent price drops it falls into the sweet spot of price/performance.  $100 off the nvidia Shield made it extra nice.

- Windows 8.1 seems like a total disaster at first when coming from windows 7.  But learning to ignore the tile page and setting up the desktop 'properly' and it starts to feel much, much better.  Of note, the passmark results are just a tad worse under win 8.1 than win 7 (for most of the results).  But from my understanding win 7 passmark results can be a lot worse under win 7 than under win XP.  The drops between 7 and 8.1 are inconsequential, though.

- It is possible to receive a fan that is internally wired up backwards during manufacturing so that it spins backwards.

Helper

Conclusions I can draw from your results:
"Barn-burner!"

Very nice system.

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Wally

That's my modest contribution to Earths global warming

Average CPU, High 2D/Memory/Disk Mark but horrible 3D Mark.

Conclusion : CW3 is very well coded as it keeps running smoothly, even on big and complex maps, with outdated computers !
Wally

J

My 3.5 year old laptop:

This is what I use to play CW3, browse the web ect...

allu

I finally got it finished.

Karsten75

I have an older Intel i5-2500K, still running well, but it takes a lot of time to boot up...

allu

This time its done with SSD enabled. 

Grauniad

It does make a difference! :)

allu

:D It made my day.( When I compared it to others listed here) Tough my friend ran that on his computer on got 4800 something.

MadMag

Just think what a PCI-e SSD can do :)

Grauniad

Quote from: allu on December 25, 2013, 10:03:50 AM
:D It made my day.( When I compared it to others listed here) Tough my friend ran that on his computer on got 4800 something.

Ask your friend to post his results here. I'm always interested in high-performance rigs. :)

Quote from: MadMag on December 25, 2013, 11:03:19 AM
Just think what a PCI-e SSD can do :)

I see that's making a comeback now. :) Also I recently read somewhere that a crucial specification is being revides, which will improve PCI-e SSD performance by avoiding the overhead of translating the data stream to SATA.  Will be interesting in a year or so.

Wheatmidge

Thought I would get around to posting my laptop that I picked up in September.