CW2 Editor bug

Started by pablo2007, December 17, 2015, 11:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo2007

Withing im creating map, saving it, i can't search that map on game, i can't play a map :(
Kraken everywhere!

Builder17

You need to go into custom maps menu from main menu button custom and there press load map from file.

pablo2007

withing im importing map, i can't search map in folders
Kraken everywhere!

Builder17

Are you sure you saved it?
CW2 editor doesn't let save before setting info of map.

pablo2007

a save of the map is np: paper or notepad.. this is a bug
Kraken everywhere!

pablo2007

and my computer does not see this map
Kraken everywhere!

Builder17

Can you get screencapture or something of it?

pablo2007

Kraken everywhere!

pablo2007

This is screens:

Kraken everywhere!

Builder17

It looks editor saved project as text file. IDK , how to repair this.

J

Just rename it to '[mapname].cw2' (without quotes) and the game should be able to find it. If that doesn't work, try to type '.cw2' after the map name when saving it in the editor (and do that for every future map).

pablo2007

Quote from: J on January 09, 2016, 05:05:43 PM
Just rename it to '[mapname].cw2' (without quotes) and the game should be able to find it. If that doesn't work, try to type '.cw2' after the map name when saving it in the editor (and do that for every future map).
my map is not searchable. im tested this:
Kraken everywhere!

Builder17

What there reads in this text file inside it?

pablo2007

Kraken everywhere!

Grayzzur

Your last screenshot with the filenames hints to me that you have filename extensions hidden. I would guess that you've actually got something like this on your drive:

Screenshot2.jpg
The Caves.cw2.txt

You can either turn off the hiding of filename extension in explorer, or when you save the file, try putting the name in double-quotes in the save box -- I think that forces Windows to not add an extension: "The Caves.cw2"
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker