Hardest Tormented Space maps

Started by florrat, October 12, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris The Cat

Quote from: orzelek on January 04, 2014, 06:57:39 AM
You can add S200_169 Corivela to the list.
I would put it up in the impossible section. Creeper floods only command landing around 1:30 game time.

Agree

stevo

Despite the screenshots and posts, Kinloneport (S200_54) is still making me swear in new and unusual ways

florrat

Quote from: Boris The Cat on September 20, 2016, 04:44:47 PM
Quote from: orzelek on January 04, 2014, 06:57:39 AM
You can add S200_169 Corivela to the list.
I would put it up in the impossible section. Creeper floods only command landing around 1:30 game time.

Agree
Actually, it's possible. It is very hard though. You have to relocate your CN to a safer spot, and the spores require you to build up energy quickly.

Here are some screenshots.

florrat

The following map is probably possible.
S200_158 (0,4): Ragcarden
I don't quite manage to get a stable situation, but I can survive for 6 or so minutes. Here is a screenshot, which might give someone some ideas.

beetree

Yes, Ragcarden is possible.

florrat

beetree

beetree

I thought I'd post my status on the "maybe possible" maps:

S200_64 (5,2): Bradsometum (I)(-)
Nov 10 2017: I've gotten to two reactors and one mortar and a reasonably large 10 height "fence", but one mortar isn't sufficient to keep up. I'm building in the lower left, quickly clearing a placement for the command center as the original placement gets overrun too fast. This is very hard.

S200_187  (7,3): Abertoft (?)
Nov 10 2017: Haven't tried, need to clear my way over to the right side of the map first

S200_119 (9,2): Madotis (I)(-)
Nov 10 2017: Haven't tried, need to clear my way over to the right side of the map first

S200_74 (4,6): Furham
Nov 10 2017: I have tried this a little bit, but only in the original position. I think doing the lower level in the right corner is probably better.

S200_162 (2,8): Molzacdai
Nov 10 2017: I have tried three different positions. The original position, down to the right, and even clearing a new placement in the lower left corner. I don't get anything working. I think it's easier than Bradsometum though.

S200_2 (2,0): Fantolet
Nov 10 2017: I have tried this a lot. Gotten to 4+ reactors and two mortars in a sizeable placement in the bottom (attaching screenshot). That said, I keep getting overrun. This is probably the easiest of the ones I've tried.
Nov 11 2017: I'm surviving several waves of air attacks. Seems like you need larger than 6x4 starting position though as you can't fit enough mortars given you need 5 beams to defend against air. (see attachment).
Nov 11 2017: I'm surviving multiples waves of air attacks. You can go down to only 4 beams. However, by minute 18 you probably need to be at 6 mortars, and I don't see how you can get enough energy to sustain that. This is really really tricky. I'm attaching screenshot of my furthest progress.

S200_158 (0,4): Penbor
Nov 10 2017: I'm doing the lower left. I get to 10-height wall, but no mortar. Might need to prioritize mortar earlier. I haven't tried this map enough yet.

S200_153 (2,1): Luumulyr
Nov 10 2017: I haven't really tried this one. Seems like original position is the best start, but you only have ~55 seconds to get a wall up. Seems very tight.

Overall, I think Fanotlet is probably the most likely to be "possible" of the maps I've tried.

beetree

@Florrat, what made you say that Abertoft might be possible? Have you gotten any foothold on it? Seems clearly impossible to me...

florrat

I haven't played the map, so I presume it was reported as "perhaps impossible". I changed its category.

EDIT: Actually, it was listed in the impossible map thread. However, three of those maps have now been completed, so I put all the maps in the "not yet completed" category, unless I could verify myself that they were really impossible.

I also added Sudpir (reported in another thread) as not yet completed.

florrat

Fantolet is possible :)

florrat

Here are some earlier screenshots for Fantolet. I have more, if anyone is interested.

I think the main differences with beetree are:
- I went for a 7x5 area, for more energy production
- I built a reactor before my terp. I think beetree didn't do that, causing him to have a much less energy later on.

EDIT: I also beat Penbor, and added some screenshots.

beetree

Adam88

Is this still active?

I recently discovered S200_41 Ragruckstead (9,9).

Anyone finished it?

waffles

Just did Ragruckstead as per Adam88's inquiry. Not tough enough that I think it needs to go on this list. Went 2 reactors before terp, could hold out with 2 mortars while getting more established, then a single blaster. Just took some time to get rolling and expand northward. I'm sure its possible to do much more aggressively than I did.