Front pusher maps need to end quickly

Started by stoey, June 03, 2015, 04:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoey

With The front pushers; it gets to a point I know I have won.

it would be cool to get to a single main emitter/objective (in a no fly zone maybe), and when thats destroyed all the other emitters are destroyed as well. Saving us the hassle of getting them all...

Should be a option in the map editor? so these players who make these front pusher maps can save us more time and we'll have more fun.

Asbestos

So... an inhibitor? No matter how many forum posts you make, there will always be people who make that type of map anyway.

stoey

Quote from: Asbestos on June 03, 2015, 05:49:59 AM
So... an inhibitor?

so an inhibitor once destroyed will destroy all the other emitters?

I haven't seen these on the custom maps people make....

what are they thinking??

stoey

Quote from: Asbestos on June 03, 2015, 05:49:59 AM
No matter how many forum posts you make, there will always be people who make that type of map anyway.

well one can try

pawel345

Well the nature of the game is like that so well if you don't like that sort of map then play the other types? You know there are a lot of custom maps and many of them try to change that so that the "endgame" is more engaging.

Asbestos

Try playing some of the puzzle maps, like MirrorImage and Rocket and that type of thing, where you aren't guaranteed to win even after you've gained a foothold. Or play PAC maps and Sleeper maps. Or maybe even make maps yourself that have, say, really strong emitters behind your base that only activate after twenty minutes and can't be nullified immediately, or maybe inhibitors, or even CRPL that can threaten you after you think you've won already.

stoey

ok well I like the start of front pusher maps, so when I know I have won, i'll press the endgame button :(

Good tips for the map designs too.

stoey

now i have a good idea for anyone who cares, what if theres a 'condition' or event in the map or game programing that when I know I have won, evidence by lots of energy, forge upgrades, number of weapons....; the emmiters  Start producing twice as more creeper. .. or spore towers give off 10x of spores, or something happens...... And when I survive that, after say 20 min, every thing drops off with half power giving a quick kill to finish the game.

Is there options like that making maps? I should really look. rather than bothering you guys.  I hope virgilw see this   ::)

J

You can code it in CRPL (although it's hard to exactly calculate energy production, but you can make a good guess by counting the amount of collectors and reactors). With SetScriptVar you can edit the values of regular enemy structures. Still I think it's better to make maps that just don't need it (easier on a smaller map).

stoey

Quote from: J on June 12, 2015, 08:11:06 AM
You can code it in CRPL (although it's hard to exactly calculate energy production, but you can make a good guess by counting the amount of collectors and reactors). With SetScriptVar you can edit the values of regular enemy structures. Still I think it's better to make maps that just don't need it (easier on a smaller map).

thanks J, i dont know code so it would good if its a built in option in the map editor.

hey umm how are you supposed to win on your super tower map?