an ore in AC out question

Started by teknotiss, March 02, 2014, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

i'm building a map with a ridiculous AC demand, and so i have quite a lot (296  ::)) of ore mines, and i noticed that a demand of 148 was emptying my AC reservoir while i had an input of (allegedly) 605.
my question is..... Whaaaa  ???
or more usefully..... how's this happening? :)

some mines are stacked in 9's on ore patchs would this affect it?
or is it a packet demand/speed issue? i haven't upgraded speeds etc much, but this isn't an issue for energy so i am a little confused.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Lost in Nowhere

I'd say that it is that the ore packets are only sent when they are needed, and when they are needed, you are pretty much already out. It would probably have a lesser effect with higher packet speed...
Don't die! :)

planetfall

How much AC storage do you have?
Mines will not produce more ore if the total amount of ore en route to the CN will fill up the storage, even if the AC will be dispatched immediately. Try upgrading AC storage to ~500 and see if that helps.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

teknotiss

Quote from: planetfall on March 02, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
Mines will not produce more ore if the total amount of ore en route to the CN will fill up the storage, even if the AC will be dispatched immediately. Try upgrading AC storage to ~500 and see if that helps.
ahh good idea, i shall try that now!

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on March 02, 2014, 06:37:09 PM
I'd say that it is that the ore packets are only sent when they are needed, and when they are needed, you are pretty much already out. It would probably have a lesser effect with higher packet speed...
i was thinking it was something like this, the solution planetfall made may fix this
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: planetfall on March 02, 2014, 06:38:12 PM

While I haven't been in this exact situation I have noticed something similar with prior versions--you can't spend more than your storage no matter what your income.