Colonial Space

Started by knucracker, December 22, 2013, 09:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Colonial Space is now available in the latest public beta:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14505.0

This feature allows easy map sharing.  Just grab the build, install, and give it a shot.  There are already a few maps there and more will appear over the coming days.  Once you see how it works, head over to projects and make your own map for sharing....

TLMike

Ninja

I have my own map. I want to upload it. I edited it. Now I have to play it all over again. :(

kwinse

Can I report a bug with the changelog? (okay it's a typo) The changes since 1.12 section is duplicated. :P

Katra

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Grauniad

Quote from: Ninjadude501 on December 22, 2013, 10:33:23 PM
I have my own map. I want to upload it. I edited it. Now I have to play it all over again. :(

Once you edit a map, there is no telling how much has changed. So after editing, you finalize a map and a new internal map id (GUID) is assigned to the map. there has to be a score against that GUID for you to be able to upload the map. This has been in place essentially since CW1 and is intended to prevent frustrating maps that really can't be beaten - such as some maps in Tormented Zone.

It is frustrating to map makers to have to replay a map, but that's unfortunately the way it is.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

miquelfire

Well, I was at stable all this time, might as well jump to beta now.

mzimmer74

Loving CS.  It's nice to be able to get to the great maps that people make for CW games!  I know that this is still early, but since it's beta I thought I'd mention one thing.  I know that you can filter by mapmaker by typing in the "Text" filter box.  However, one of my favorite things in CW2 was to be able to select the mapmaker in the combo box, especially since it showed how many maps they had made.  The problem with using the "Text" filter box for the name is that with mapmakers like "J" you are likely to get maps not made by him.  For example, when I filtered by "J" I got a map by Katra (probably because the word "Just" was in the description).  This is obviously a very minor complaint.  I love the feature!  Nice work as always.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Grauniad

Quote from: mzimmer74 on December 23, 2013, 10:58:22 AM
Loving CS.  It's nice to be able to get to the great maps that people make for CW games!  I know that this is still early, but since it's beta I thought I'd mention one thing.  I know that you can filter by mapmaker by typing in the "Text" filter box.  However, one of my favorite things in CW2 was to be able to select the mapmaker in the combo box, especially since it showed how many maps they had made.  The problem with using the "Text" filter box for the name is that with mapmakers like "J" you are likely to get maps not made by him.  For example, when I filtered by "J" I got a map by Katra (probably because the word "Just" was in the description).  This is obviously a very minor complaint.  I love the feature!  Nice work as always.

See this suggestion: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14993.0. We're tossing around the idea that J's maps will all have a hashtag "#JMaps" :)

There is a count of maps in the filter box.

Combo boxes work in web pages, not so well in Unity

Clean0nion

Quote from: Grauniad on December 23, 2013, 11:08:53 AM
We're tossing around the idea that J's maps will all have a hashtag "#JMaps" :)
I inspired that idea. Don't forget that!

J

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 23, 2013, 02:24:44 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on December 23, 2013, 11:08:53 AM
We're tossing around the idea that J's maps will all have a hashtag "#JMaps" :)
I inspired that idea. Don't forget that!
'jmaps' was my first username and used to post CW1 maps, what inspired that idea?

Grauniad

#offtopic (My new favorite hasthag).

miquelfire

Is there a way to remove downloaded maps?

Grauniad

You can report it with an explanation of why you want it done and a moderator can consider your request.

Michionlion

Quote from: miquelfire on December 24, 2013, 08:58:53 AM
Is there a way to remove downloaded maps?

Key word downloaded, G.  If you're on windows, you can find your Colonial Space folder here: My Documents\CreeperWorld3\ColonialSpace.  In that folder, there is another folder named 'maps'  Delete the mapnumber.cw3 file, where mapnumber corresponds to the Colonial Space Map # value in the top left corner of the map tile in Colonial Space.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!