Completed Map Screen Cap

Started by squallsoft, October 25, 2013, 03:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syth

*Revives dead thread*

Map name: Alpha Sector: Lich98: Demo world
Completion Time: 39:48.2
Completion Score: 6011

(I couldn't be bothered to mess around, which is why the map looks like that)

Nephthys

Apparently I am not using enough Reactors or Strafers.  ;)

Awesome maps! I would be embarrassed to post a single completed map. Mine are Kindergarten scribbles compared to these Picassos.

But I am learning. I hope this thread continues to grow.

Syth

Quote from: Nephthys on November 16, 2013, 04:54:32 PM
Awesome maps! I would be embarrassed to post a single completed map. Mine are Kindergarten scribbles compared to these Picassos.

Are you kidding me? I'm horrible at CW3 I'd love to see your maps!

I also hope more people post in this thread, I'd love to see some other playe'rs strategies.

Nephthys

Quote from: Syth on November 17, 2013, 10:19:12 AM
Quote from: Nephthys on November 16, 2013, 04:54:32 PM

I'm horrible at CW3 I'd love to see your maps!

LOL  I play a LOT but I cannot beat the tough maps. My basic strategy is Cannons backed up by Mortars, followed up with Bombers then Nullifers.  I LOVE Berthas set on Auto working in the background when possible. I'll target them manually sometimes, but usually they have already done the work on their own as they target the deepest Creeper.

And that is why I can't beat the tiny maps with fast flowing Creeper. I need room to build up energy. When the Creeper comes too fast I don't know what to do! So I get swamped & lose. But I still love this game.

It has occurred to me that if I had played more RTS type games before CW, I might be better at it.

And you probably already know, but just in case, there are lots of videos on YouTube of truly AWESOME game play.

JonneeG

Well, I didn't do very good on this one, but it's still completed

Alpha Sector: TonyP2000: War Zone
26:46.0
picture
Spoiler
[close]

Link: http://s9.postimg.org/9xlqnq325/cw3ss_11.jpg

JF-T

When someone beats jovencoting, i honestly demand they post the picture here :D
Demand is used playfully but i'm sure many will agree it would be an awesome thing to see.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

florrat

I think jovencoting is one of the most established impossible maps. Some other maps of the Impossible Map Thread might be possible, but jovencoting is probably the hardest of them. So don't get your hopes up for seeing a finished version of jovencoting.

And btw, if someone beats jovencoting, I'm much more interested in seeing screenshots after 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. minutes, because the finished screenshot tells you almost nothing about the strategy during the beginning of the map (which is the most important part).

(Sorry for reacting seriously to a (probably) joke-post)

Clean0nion

Quote from: florrat on November 18, 2013, 03:08:27 PM
I think jovencoting is one of the most established impossible maps. Some other maps of the Impossible Map Thread might be possible, but jovencoting is probably the hardest of them. So don't get your hopes up for seeing a finished version of jovencoting.

And btw, if someone beats jovencoting, I'm much more interested in seeing screenshots after 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. minutes, because the finished screenshot tells you almost nothing about the strategy during the beginning of the map (which is the most important part).

(Sorry for reacting seriously to a (probably) joke-post)
The problem with that is that is someone attempts Jovencoting, they're not likely to take those screenshot unless they know they're going to win. Which is unlikely considering its reputation.

florrat

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 18, 2013, 03:16:53 PMThe problem with that is that is someone attempts Jovencoting, they're not likely to take those screenshot unless they know they're going to win. Which is unlikely considering its reputation.
I think that if someone survives for 5 minutes on Jovencoting, they should take a screenshot, no matter how hard they are going to die. I would be already amazed when someone survives that long, and I'm probably not the only one...

Helper

Quote from: florrat on November 18, 2013, 03:08:27 PM
I think jovencoting is one of the most established impossible maps.

I agree - although there is now a 'score' posted, with an anonymous name attached.
Someone around here once posted "No Pictures, NO score"; and I would tend to concur.

Grauniad

Anyone recognize Meso? I had time to kill, couldn't actively play since I was doing something, hence I potted about with mesa. This is about 4 1/2 hours in... I've let the creeper advance multiple time, beat it back multiple times and just in general messed around with it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

LittleRedEye

Recently started to play Tormented Space and this is actually my first map i beat there.