45.7s for the first mission -- even possible?

Started by Ceraus, October 11, 2013, 03:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alter Old

Maybe with flight 32 steps are saved, I'm not sure.
As usual, forgive for my English.

AlexZei

I tried several variations and the fastest time I could get was 56.9 seconds. 56.8 or even 56.7 might be possible with some minor alternative timing but I don't see how anything below could be legit.

NFITC1

Quote from: Ceraus on October 11, 2013, 06:51:32 PM
NFITC1, I agree with your theoretical times, but all my tests lead to 45.7 (45.1 with hovering)....

I made some assumptions that were likely not correct. I couldn't test them anyway because the initial assumption of high energy production is impossible. The first supply packet won't come out in the same frame that the last build packet is received and there's probably a slight delay in receiving the last supply packet and discharging the nullifier. That would assume the game engine is keeping track of quantum states (which would then no longer make them quantum ;) ) of packets and what they're building.

EDIT:
I did create a test map for this situation and with >4.0 energy generation from the beginning a nullifier can destroy something as early as 45.7 seconds without upgrades. Hovering can reduce that, but only to ~45.1 as mentioned somewhere above.

EDIT2:
I managed to get 45.0 on a map with three CNs which provides the needed energy generation to maximize output. One Node hovered and provided the energy while the other two generated energy. It apparently worked, but the hovering CN produced no energy by itself.

jackmott

Quote from: Ceraus on October 12, 2013, 04:46:14 PM

wwaaaat
how do the deactivated relays help?
EDIT: aha! I figured it out

TChosen1

Unfortunately, there are two more hackers now. One with a score of 28 seconds.  Most likely the top 4 are hacking.

Jacobkolstad

Quote from: Grauniad on October 11, 2013, 11:06:42 AM
Almost on the hour of release, someone joined the chat and posted hacks of the game. :(

So, as with prior releases, there are and will be hacked scores. When Virgil has time, and the violations are egregious, he cleans it up and blacklists those keys from submitting further scores.

In the interim, it's only electrons in a game. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Is hacks allowed if you don't sumbit scores? Becuse I want to skip an mission, way to hard :(

J

Quote from: Jacobkolstad on October 31, 2013, 08:18:44 AM
Quote from: Grauniad on October 11, 2013, 11:06:42 AM
Almost on the hour of release, someone joined the chat and posted hacks of the game. :(

So, as with prior releases, there are and will be hacked scores. When Virgil has time, and the violations are egregious, he cleans it up and blacklists those keys from submitting further scores.

In the interim, it's only electrons in a game. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Is hacks allowed if you don't sumbit scores? Becuse I want to skip an mission, way to hard :(
You can hack whatever you want, it just might cause your scores and IP-address to be blocked once detected :P

If you need more help, come in chat and the players there can give you all the hints you need (no chatters? check youtube or the forums). If you skip levels you'll miss the intended game experience. If that experience is better without a certain level, it wouldn't be there.

iycgtptyarvg

Of course hacking is allowed for offline/single player! If you don't submit your score it's like it never happened. It's your game, your computer, your free time, your happiness.
Who knows, maybe when you have a bit more time you will be able to finish all the levels on your own without cheating. But, ultimately, it's up to you.